Author Topic: Trump reportedly flip-flops on Paris climate deal decision  (Read 10593 times)

Silver Pines

Re: Trump reportedly flip-flops on Paris climate deal decision
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2017, 01:38:18 pm »
With those hands? It's not far.... :nometalk:

@Smokin Joe

*Runs to lose breakfast*

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2017, 02:09:44 pm »
WH denies Trump is softening stance on Paris climate deal
By Brandon Conradis - 09/16/17 05:02 PM EDT

The White House on Saturday denied reports that the Trump administration is no longer seeking to withdraw from the Paris climate deal.

"There has been no change in the United States' position on the Paris agreement. As the President has made abundantly clear, the United States is withdrawing unless we can re-enter on terms that are more favorable to our country," said White House deputy press secretary Lindsay Walters in a statement.

Multiple reports surfaced on Saturday saying the administration had appeared to soften its stance toward the deal.

A top EU climate official told AFP that the U.S. had signaled it was no longer planning to renegotiate the non-binding treaty.

The Wall Street Journal also reported that President Trump was not planning to pull out of the deal.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/351028-trump-softens-stance-on-paris-climate-deal-reports
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2017, 02:19:47 pm »
There's a lot of discussion about smoke and mirrors and what we can or can't believe, but the only thing I see as believable right now is that, we have NOT pulled out of the Paris Accord. 

Offline jpsb

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2017, 02:29:26 pm »
There's a lot of discussion about smoke and mirrors and what we can or can't believe, but the only thing I see as believable right now is that, we have NOT pulled out of the Paris Accord.

The soonest the US can pull out is 2020, however we (Trump) has officially given the UN notice that we (USA) intend to withdraw from the agreement.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2017, 03:09:08 pm »
WH denies Trump is softening stance on Paris climate deal
By Brandon Conradis - 09/16/17 05:02 PM EDT

The White House on Saturday denied reports that the Trump administration is no longer seeking to withdraw from the Paris climate deal.

They also were quoted that they weren't softening on DACA the next morning after the Schumer/Pelosi debacle.

This man continuously talks out of both sides of his mouth.  No moral or ideological compass.

I for one am tired of his random talking sh__.  It's like having a freakin' dart board in the WH
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2017, 03:11:49 pm »
The soonest the US can pull out is 2020, however we (Trump) has officially given the UN notice that we (USA) intend to withdraw from the agreement.

If this is so, then between now and 2020, Trump can still change his mind.  He is not bound by any notice to the UN.  Right?

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2017, 03:13:39 pm »
Ah, another shiny object for the terminally bored. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2017, 03:17:14 pm »
Ah, another shiny object for the terminally bored.

Yes, and here you are. 

888high58888

Offline jpsb

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2017, 03:19:31 pm »
They also were quoted that they weren't softening on DACA the next morning after the Schumer/Pelosi debacle.

This man continuously talks out of both sides of his mouth.  No moral or ideological compass.

I for one am tired of his random talking sh__.  It's like having a freakin' dart board in the WH

Didn't Trump rescind DACA, giving Congress six months to do something? I know there has been a lot of double talk, which I do not like, but Trump did end DACA. 

In six months, the DACA program will be terminated unless new legislation is able to pass through congress that will allow for DACA, and many other issues that the current administration has with immigration, to be addressed and reformed.

https://studybreaks.com/2017/09/16/the-destruction-of-daca/

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2017, 03:20:23 pm »
Yes, and here you are. 

I'm guessing this sounded so much more clever in your head. 

But, as always, thanks for trying @Sanguine

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2017, 03:21:12 pm »
Didn't Trump rescind DACA, giving Congress six months to do something? I know there has been a lot of double talk, which I do not like, but Trump did end DACA. 

In six months, the DACA program will be terminated unless new legislation is able to pass through congress that will allow for DACA, and many other issues that the current administration has with immigration, to be addressed and reformed.

I don't think so.  Unfortunately, this is another example of intent rather than action, and we know intent can and will change several times within the set time period. 

Offline jpsb

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2017, 03:28:18 pm »
I don't think so.  Unfortunately, this is another example of intent rather than action, and we know intent can and will change several times within the set time period.

I would have preferred Trump immedately ending DACA like he said he would on the campaign trail. I am very disappointed in him breaking a core promise to his voters and I let him and my reps in DC know it. I am still hopeful some good can come of the mess Trump made by not keeping his word. He certainly felt the heat when word got out that he was back pedaling on immigration.

Offline endicom

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2017, 03:30:04 pm »
Trump is against any competitive disadvantage to the United States. When the kleptocratic states see that the US is not open to pilfering is when they will lose their ardor for climate change deals.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2017, 03:47:25 pm »
@Smokin Joe

*Runs to lose breakfast*
@CatherineofAragon
Right?!  Gawd, the thought...

Calls for a little brain bleach

Online LMAO

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2017, 03:55:07 pm »
When so much of the news today has been exposed as fake, how can anyone tell what is true and what is false? As far as I know, each of us rely on second, third, fourth hand accounts, some of it on its face unreliable. Unless you're an on the spot reporter yourself, each of us bring our biases to interpreting political news.

@aligncare

What you say is true

I guess time will tell
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline aligncare

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2017, 04:07:54 pm »

It was slated to end in June. The president extended it 6-months putting congress on notice: fix DACA – the responsibility is constitutionally in your court.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2017, 04:16:25 pm »
I would have preferred Trump immedately ending DACA like he said he would on the campaign trail. I am very disappointed in him breaking a core promise to his voters and I let him and my reps in DC know it. I am still hopeful some good can come of the mess Trump made by not keeping his word. He certainly felt the heat when word got out that he was back pedaling on immigration.

I hope you are right, jpsb.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2017, 04:17:00 pm »
@CatherineofAragon
Right?!  Gawd, the thought...

Calls for a little brain bleach

Nice.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2017, 04:28:07 pm »
Well Tillerson isn't helping matters

Tillerson: Trump open to Paris climate deal 'under the right conditions'
http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/351070-tillerson-trump-open-to-paris-climate-deal-under-the-right
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2017, 04:28:09 pm »
Trump is against any competitive disadvantage to the United States.

That's so patently false, it's laughable!  This is the bozo who was out there shooting his mouth off about trying to punish America with tariffs!

Being in a trade war is a huge disadvantage in a global market. Fortunately, saner minds have evidently gotten to him to curb that idiocy for now.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2017, 04:34:11 pm »
Well Tillerson isn't helping matters

Tillerson: Trump open to Paris climate deal 'under the right conditions'
http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/351070-tillerson-trump-open-to-paris-climate-deal-under-the-right

Exactly.  Typical Trump.

Fire his supporters up, claiming he'll do something, then try to use it to play Let's Make A Deal.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline jpsb

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2017, 04:34:21 pm »

Offline endicom

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2017, 04:36:40 pm »
That's so patently false, it's laughable!

"...Deputy Press Secretary Lindsay Walters. “As the president has made abundantly clear, the United States is withdrawing unless we can re-enter on terms that are more favorable to our country.”"

This is the bozo who was out there shooting his mouth off about trying to punish America with tariffs!

Tariffs were how we funded government so the idea is not outlandish.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2017, 05:08:32 pm »

Exactly.

I made the mistake of assuming that instance was still fresh on everyone's minds.

I guess memories only operate when they support Trump and not when he talks outside both sides of his face.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2017, 05:10:49 pm »
Tariffs were how we funded government so the idea is not outlandish.

Yes, if we want to reduce ourselves to the fledgling economy of yesteryear, that's one way we could do it!
+++++++++