Author Topic: Democrats want to cancel the health policies of 180 million Americans  (Read 472 times)

rangerrebew

Democrats want to cancel the health policies of 180 million Americans

By Post Editorial Board

September 15, 2017 | 7:29pm

That’s obvious from Bernie Sanders’ Medicare for All scheme, rolled out Wednesday with the support of the party’s chief 2020 presidential hopefuls.

ObamaCare kicked some 7 million people off their plans. But Bernie’s bill would outlaw both employer-paid health care and private insurance for individuals.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/15/democrats-want-to-cancel-the-health-policies-of-180-million-americans/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Democrats want to cancel the health policies of 180 million Americans
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 03:14:04 pm »
But I already have free health care. You get want you pay for. (No money, no health care).

Get the government out of the way so I can just go see my doctor.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 03:42:40 pm »
 From what I've read, this idea is predicted to cost the US $3.2 trillion annually.

Now there's no way to pay for that through tax revenues.  Can you guess how we would pay for that?

This nonsense has no chance. It's a ploy for the Democrats to try to fire up their kooky base
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 03:43:30 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 03:50:11 pm »
We're dealing with Washington, D.C.
They are well on their way to having paid out $20,000,000,000,000.00 we didn't have, what's a few more trillion?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 03:58:49 pm »
We're dealing with Washington, D.C.
They are well on their way to having paid out $20,000,000,000,000.00 we didn't have, what's a few more trillion?

Ayn Rand said that you can deny reality but you can't deny the consequence of denying reality. Washington, DC can't deny reality forever
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 04:10:28 pm »
Ayn Rand said that you can deny reality but you can't deny the consequence of denying reality. Washington, DC can't deny reality forever
No, and the folks out in the boonies have been paying the price for years. The ones in the ivory towers may fall farthest, but they fall last, and by then, a lot of them will be somewhere else living large.

C S Lewis