Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi: Democrats have 'understanding' with Trump that DREAM Act includes citizenship  (Read 619 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said Thursday that House Democrats have an "understanding" with President Trump that the Dream Act they agreed to eventually pass will include a pathway to citizenship for those covered by the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.

"I'm not here to speak about what the president understands," Pelosi said when asked if the president understands that citizenship is part of the bill. "But I do believe there is an understanding that down the road there's an eventual path to citizenship in the Dream Act."
"[Citizenship is] in the Dream Act. It's a long path. It's like a 15-year path, and this is an earned path, in other words, in the Dream Act," Pelosi said. "It's an earned path, but it is a long road ... We agreed on our path, which is our insistence in every conversation with the speaker, with the president, with the Dreamers that it will be the Dream Act sponsored by Rep.

The House Democratic leader's remarks came just as President Trump told reporters in Florida that they are not looking at citizenship being part of the equation when a deal comes together, adding that they are "not looking at amnesty" either.

"We're not looking at citizenship. We're not looking at amnesty. We're looking at allowing people to stay here," Trump said. "I just spoke with Paul Ryan, everybody's on board. … We're talking about taking care of people, people who were brought here, people who've done a good job."

Read more at: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/nancy-pelosi-democrats-have-understanding-with-trump-that-dream-act-includes-citizenship/article/2634384
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
No.
Just no.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
No.
Just no.

It's not like we weren't warned about this kind of crap!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DB

There's a real simple rule in nature. It does not bend.

You reward something, you get more of it.

You punish something, you get less of it.

It isn't complicated and is the root issue to much of what is wrong with government policy in many areas.

Offline RoosGirl

I know this has been pointed out numerous times before, but really, wtf does this mean?

"We're not looking at citizenship. We're not looking at amnesty. We're looking at allowing people to stay here," Trump said.

I guess this is that ambiguous "fast tracked citizenship" his website talked about in his ambiguous immigration policy write up on his candidacy web page.