Author Topic: Jimmy Carter to Trump: ‘Keep the peace ... tell the truth’  (Read 485 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Jimmy Carter to Trump: ‘Keep the peace ... tell the truth’
« on: September 14, 2017, 03:09:19 am »
Excerpt:

Jimmy Carter to Trump: ‘Keep the peace ... tell the truth’

The 39th president, a Democrat, offered this advice to the 45th: “Keep the peace, promote human rights and tell the truth.”

Carter, 92, did not mention explicitly Trump’s threatening exchanges this summer with North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un, but the former president said the U.S. should engage directly with the insular leader and discuss a peace treaty to replace the cease fire that ended the Korean War in 1953.

“I would send my top person to Pyongyang immediately, if I didn’t go myself,” Carter said, noting that he’s been three times to the country, even as successive U.S. administrations have refused to deal with the regime.

The North Koreans, Carter said, want a treaty that guarantees the U.S. will not attack unless North Korea attacks the U.S. or an ally, particularly South Korea. “Until we talk to them and treat them with respect — as human beings, which they are — I don’t think we’re going to make any progress,” Carter said.

Continued: https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/jimmy-carter-us-more-like-oligarchy-than-democracy/2017/09/12/241101dc-981b-11e7-af6a-6555caaeb8dc_story.html?utm_term=.9de4923ab6a3

He certainly makes it sound simple; but under what Carter says, do they, NK, still develop their nukes?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Jimmy Carter to Trump: ‘Keep the peace ... tell the truth’
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 03:24:59 am »
If Jimmuh thinks he was telling the truth about North Korea all these years he is the easiest person in the world to sucker and the biggest sucker in the world who drew all of America down in the vacuum of his sucking.And now he's trying to sell his tired worn out suck again.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Jimmy Carter to Trump: ‘Keep the peace ... tell the truth’
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 03:48:26 am »