Author Topic: Bones attributed to St Peter found by chance in 1,000-year-old church in Rome  (Read 700 times)

rangerrebew

Bones attributed to St Peter found by chance in 1,000-year-old church in Rome

Nick Squires, Rome

11 September 2017 • 3:50pm

Bones attributed to St Peter have been found by chance in a church in Rome during routine restoration work, 2,000 years after the apostle’s death.

The relics of the saint, who is regarded as the first Pope, were found in clay pots in the 1,000-year-old Church of Santa Maria in Cappella in the district of Trastevere, a medieval warren of cobbled lanes on the banks of the Tiber River.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/11/bones-attributed-st-peter-found-chance-1000-year-old-church/

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
"RELICS! Get your relics! I got bones, I got pieces of the Cross. I got Holy Grails"
"Do you have the spear that pierced His side?"
"Sure bud, how many ya want?"
"Gimmee two and two St Peters. Do ya have your lesser Popes"
"Best ones in town, pal"
Countdown to Resignation

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I thought St. Peters bones were already at the Vatican underneath the basillica's alter?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.