Author Topic: After nine months, federal offices are still waiting to hang Trump’s picture  (Read 491 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The Washington Post
By Lisa Rein
September 11 at 7:33 PM

In the lobby of every federal building, just inside security turnstiles and before the elevator banks, a framed photograph of the president has always hung on the wall.

Not so anymore. Nine months after Donald Trump’s inauguration, pictures of the president and Vice President Pence are missing from thousands of federal courthouses, laboratories, military installations, ports of entry, office suites and hallways, and from U.S. embassies abroad.

On the walls are empty picture hooks left when workers took down official portraits of President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden on Jan. 20. Federal employees and visitors passing through the hallways since then have puzzled over the missing images, wondering why the traditional signal of the formal transition of power has yet to occur.

The changeover appears to be tangled in a bit of red tape and mystery.

(more)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/after-nine-months-federal-offices-are-still-waiting-to-hang-trumps-picture/2017/09/11/b36025c0-94b5-11e7-aace-04b862b2b3f3_story.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Concerned

Looks like they're simply waiting on the President and the VP to sit for the photo.  From the link in the OP:

"The Government Publishing Office says it has yet to receive the images from the White House. And the White House says the president and vice president have not yet decided when they will sit for the type of high-quality official photographs usually churned out by the modern GPO, continuing a portrait tradition that began after the Civil War."

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Orange clashes with the standard Fed decor scheme.   :silly:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 12:59:40 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Suppressed

I deal with personnel from federal agencies on a daily basis.  One from EPA won't go to a certain floor of her building because Trump's photo is there when you exit the elevator.  She takes the stairs to avoid it.

I don't know whether to think that childish, or admire that I wish I'd thought of that to avoid Obama's when visiting federal buildings!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn