Author Topic: Kirsten Gillibrand and Susan Collins introduce plan to block Trump's transgender military ban  (Read 437 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Washington Examiner
by Ariella Phillips
Sep 11, 2017, 9:01 PM

A bipartisan pair of senators Monday introduced a plan to block President Trump's transgender ban.

Sens. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., and Susan Collins, R-Maine, introduced an amendment that would prevent the military from kicking out transgender members based on gender identity alone.

The senators plan to introduce an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act, which is being voted on this week.

The pair previously introduced a broader amendment that would have barred the Pentagon from kicking out any transgender troops or rescinding their medical benefits until the military finished a study on recruitment and reported back to Congress.

In July, Trump announced the ban in a tweet, catching his administration— including Defense Secretary Jim Mattis — and Congress off-guard.

In August, Gillibrand tweeted, "To all trans men and women serving bravely in the military: I plan to introduce legislation to fight back. We'll keep raising our voices."

(more)
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/kirsten-gillibrand-and-susan-collins-introduce-plan-to-block-trumps-transgender-military-ban/article/2634087

Nothing really new here. If Trump moved to ban ISIS or Al Queda fighters from joining the U.S. Military, the Democrats (including Republican Democrats), will always vote against him.

I don't know how the press can call this 'bipartisan'. Like McCain, Susan Collins has never done anything even remotely 'Republican'. She is a radical, far-Left, social justice warrior. Collins is further Left than many Democrats. The fact that she claims to be a Republican is meaningless.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.