Author Topic: WATCH: The Legendary Commercial Honoring the 9/11 Fallen That Aired Only Once  (Read 740 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

WATCH: The Legendary Commercial Honoring the 9/11 Fallen That Aired Only Once
Daily Wire, Sep 11, 2017

In February, 2002, roughly five months after the searing tragedy of the 9/11/2001 attacks, Budweiser, a subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch, released a poignant, moving commercial honoring the fallen by having the company’s famed Clydesdale bow in front of the skyline of New York.

If you missed the commercial, it wouldn’t be surprising; it only aired once, and that was during Super Bowl XXXVI on February 3, 2002.

The creative team from Anheuser-Busch had their work cut out for them; they had to get approval from members of Congress, the advertising community and from New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani.

Bob Lachky, former executive vice president of Anheuser-Busch Global Creative, recalled, "We filmed in New York City. We had a helicopter going over the Brooklyn Bridge. Mayor Giuliani let us into the city – the only film company of any sort right after 9-11. To actually come into air space with our helicopter to film the Clydesdale... the hitch coming into Battery Park and it was amazing...just amazing."

Budweiser aired an updated version of the commercial on the tenth anniversary of the attacks.

Video below:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/20894/watch-legendary-commercial-honoring-911-fallen-hank-berrien

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@Right_in_Virginia
Thank you for finding and posting that, I love the Clydesdales and that tribute definitely tugs at the heart. :beer:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I think I did see it the first time.

Offline Applewood

Darn blurry screen.  Thanks, @Right_in_Virginia

Me, too @Applewood ... and I watched it twice. 

@Right_in_Virginia
Thank you for finding and posting that, I love the Clydesdales and that tribute definitely tugs at the heart. :beer:

Welcome @GtHawk  :patriot:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Very moving commercial.  Still sad that Budweiser is no longer an American company though,
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.