Author Topic: Irma’s wrath confirms Trump’s wisdom in cutting that deal with Democrats  (Read 22133 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Irma’s wrath confirms Trump’s wisdom in cutting that deal with Democrats
« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2017, 09:42:52 pm »
Oh, no, ma'am.  We say it the right way: pah kahn.

888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2017, 09:42:53 pm »
Exactly. He has established precedent.
Any time the Dems want something, all they have to do is hold some essential piece of business hostage and point fingers at the GOP.

That's right.
 :beer:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2017, 09:43:07 pm »
In any compromise between good and evil, it is only evil that can profit.

-A. Rand-
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2017, 09:48:54 pm »

LOL! This is funny.
Texans say pican, peecan, and pahcahn... Mebbe all y'all have a regional dialect thing going on.
I wonder if it is west Texas that says peecan, since that seems to be more the way the Rockies say it... in my experience.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #129 on: September 11, 2017, 09:50:06 pm »
pi-can (short I sound)

PICK-on. (TEXAS. Southeast/Gulf coast, anyway)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 09:50:36 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #130 on: September 11, 2017, 09:51:29 pm »
"And this is the tendency of all human governments. A departure from principle in one instance becomes a precedent for a second; that second for a third; and so on, till the bulk of the society is reduced to be mere automatons of misery, and to have no sensibilities left but for sinning and suffering.

Then begins, indeed, the bellum omnium in omnia, which some philosophers observing to be so general in this world, have mistaken it for the natural, instead of the abusive state of man.

And the fore horse of this frightful team is public debt. Taxation follows that, and in its train wretchedness and oppression."

– Thomas Jefferson, letter to Sam Kercheval about reform of the Virginia Constitution, July 12, 1816; "The Writings of Thomas Jefferson," Definitive Edition, Albert Ellery Bergh, Editor, The Thomas Jefferson Memorial Association (1905) Vol. XV, p. 40

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #131 on: September 11, 2017, 09:52:11 pm »
LOL! This is funny.
Texans say pican, peecan, and pahcahn... Mebbe all y'all have a regional dialect thing going on.
I wonder if it is west Texas that says peecan, since that seems to be more the way the Rockies say it... in my experience.

I dunno.  It's a big state, but the only people I ever hear call them pee-can were from elsewhere.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #132 on: September 11, 2017, 09:54:58 pm »
I dunno.  It's a big state, but the only people I ever hear call them pee-can were from elsewhere.

Amen!  And we produce our fair share around here!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2017, 09:55:20 pm »
pi-KAHN

Emphasis on second syllable.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #134 on: September 11, 2017, 09:58:23 pm »
Did the Pope say something hurricane related?  I must have missed it.  I can't stand this false Pope.
He came close to saying that scientists are to be respected because they are infallible.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,280720.msg1448463.html#msg1448463
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #135 on: September 11, 2017, 10:00:44 pm »
Anyone want to take a crack at how you pronounce this?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #136 on: September 11, 2017, 10:03:22 pm »

I'll bite - vee in ah sausage.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #137 on: September 11, 2017, 10:04:09 pm »

I say "gross".  Someone call it different?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #138 on: September 11, 2017, 10:04:58 pm »
This seventh generation Texan says you are correct.  When I lived in Lousiana I heard the PeeCan for the first time.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 10:05:31 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DB

« Reply #139 on: September 11, 2017, 10:07:25 pm »
"And this is the tendency of all human governments. A departure from principle in one instance becomes a precedent for a second; that second for a third; and so on, till the bulk of the society is reduced to be mere automatons of misery, and to have no sensibilities left but for sinning and suffering.

Then begins, indeed, the bellum omnium in omnia, which some philosophers observing to be so general in this world, have mistaken it for the natural, instead of the abusive state of man.

And the fore horse of this frightful team is public debt. Taxation follows that, and in its train wretchedness and oppression."

– Thomas Jefferson, letter to Sam Kercheval about reform of the Virginia Constitution, July 12, 1816; "The Writings of Thomas Jefferson," Definitive Edition, Albert Ellery Bergh, Editor, The Thomas Jefferson Memorial Association (1905) Vol. XV, p. 40

And knowing that, we still charge full steam ahead into oblivion. Somehow this time it will be different... Our betters demand that they know so. But it won't. It can't. It is the bitter harvest of spending your future now.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #140 on: September 11, 2017, 10:11:48 pm »

If you're from Georgia, it's

vahy-AN-nuh

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #141 on: September 11, 2017, 10:12:56 pm »

Cow tiddies!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #142 on: September 11, 2017, 10:14:31 pm »

Duck Blind food.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #143 on: September 11, 2017, 10:15:38 pm »
You are absolutely crazy. If all members of Congress wanted a clean bill there would have been a clean bill! Jezz!

Well thanks to Trump making a preemptive deal with the Dem leadership we'll never know what they would have actually done now will we?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #144 on: September 11, 2017, 10:15:53 pm »
Yep, we speak the same language.  888high58888
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #145 on: September 11, 2017, 10:16:02 pm »
And knowing that, we still charge full steam ahead into oblivion. Somehow this time it will be different... Our betters demand that they know so. But it won't. It can't. It is the bitter harvest of spending your future now.
@DB

Sadly that seems to be all too true!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 10:18:57 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #146 on: September 11, 2017, 10:16:35 pm »

As my Grandma used to say "veenie weenies"
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #147 on: September 11, 2017, 10:20:16 pm »
As opposed to peh-kahn?

You say to may toe, I say to maah toe,.. (I say peecan too).
I don't care what you folks call it, all I know is that after all this I want some pie, pecan pie, and I don't care how you say it!

Offline endicom

« Reply #148 on: September 11, 2017, 10:21:22 pm »
This thread has been hijacked by a nut!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #149 on: September 11, 2017, 10:41:37 pm »
I don't care what you folks call it, all I know is that after all this I want some pie, pecan pie, and I don't care how you say it!

My dad makes it with a bit of bourbon (in the pie filling, not the chef) and, #%$ it's good.