Author Topic: After thumbs-down vote, McCain at center of GOP’s new bid to repeal Obamacare  (Read 477 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The Washington Times
By Tom Howell Jr.
Sunday, September 10, 2017

Sen. John McCain, the longtime “maverick” whose thumbs-down quashed the GOP’s push to repeal Obamacare in July, is now at the center of a long-shot bid to revive the repeal effort before Republicans run out of time.

The Arizona Republicans said he supports a plan by three GOP Senate colleagues — including his good friend, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina — that would effectively let states take their Obamacare money and run with it.

Sponsors say the White House is intrigued by the bill, which is set to be filed as soon as next week.

“I think it’s a good proposal and I think we ought to support it,” Mr. McCain told reporters after his party’s midweek luncheon.

The veteran senator cooled expectations within hours of backing the plan, however, saying he supports it in theory but would need to see a finished bill, open debate and buy-in from governors before he’s a “yes.”

(more)
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/sep/10/obamacare-repeal-vote-sees-new-life-under-john-mcc/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
McCain just can't stop playing games with our government and our country. It is to the point now, that hardly anyone believes anything he says.

That 'maverick' moniker made me chuckle. Maverick, is just a euphemism for 'Liberal Democrat masquerading as a Republican'.

No matter what he says, I doubt he will vote for it. He has a deep personal grudge against Trump, and he loves to be the 'deciding vote' a.k.a. the center of attention. I think it is just John 'kiss my ring' McCain playing more games with the Republicans who actually want to get something done. As long as McCain can, he is going to block everything they try to get through, IMO.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jpsb

McCain just can't stop playing games with our government and our country. It is to the point now, that hardly anyone believes anything he says.

That 'maverick' moniker made me chuckle. Maverick, is just a euphemism for 'Liberal Democrat masquerading as a Republican'.

No matter what he says, I doubt he will vote for it. He has a deep personal grudge against Trump, and he loves to be the 'deciding vote' a.k.a. the center of attention. I think it is just John 'kiss my ring' McCain playing more games with the Republicans who actually want to get something done. As long as McCain can, he is going to block everything they try to get through, IMO.

Yup, with McCain it is personal, the country be damned, as long as McCain is calling the shots. McCain is just like W, family business (personal business) takes precedence over the country's business.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 02:04:04 am by jpsb »