Author Topic: 2018 Could Be The Year Incumbents Are Shown The Door In A ‘Trumpian Manner’  (Read 986 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The Daily Caller News Foundation
Ginni Thomas
September 9, 2017

Former Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli is battling the Republican establishment and the Washington swamp President Donald Trump promised to drain by leading the Senate Conservatives Fund.

The Republican failure to repeal Obamacare was “a vote a whole election can turn on,” Cuccinelli told The Daily Caller News Foundation in this exclusive video interview. Republicans’ broken promises are causing a pronounced riff that jeopardizes a growing number of Republicans seeking re-election next November. Should they support the Trump agenda or vote with the sinking popularity of the Republican leadership and Washington establishment?

The dangers in the current political environment for the Republican establishment are now “opportunities” for scrappy groups like the Senate Conservatives Fund, whose supporters get most animated for defeating incumbents who won’t keep their promises once elected.

Cuccinelli seeks to find the rebels most able to defeat a content-free Republican. He says 2018 just may become the midterms where a large swath of incumbents are shown the door in a “Trumpian manner.”

“Mitch McConnell’s ego is more important to him than the well-being of America,” Cuccinelli said in the interview, which was filmed before Trump made a debt and spending deal through December.

Trump’s Director of the Office of Management and Budget Mick Mulvaney explained that Trump was right to be frustrated with Republican leadership, and find a better deal than the one they offered him.

Cuccinelli said Republican leaders like to play the “crisis game” of legislating up against a deadline or recess. In a recent Facebook post, he provided the empty leadership arguments given:

If only we had [more power], things would be great. We need to just get past [current fight] and focus on [future election] so we can have [new higher electoral number] and then we will be able to [win policy we are not currently fighting for]

But they have “never played it with a president willing to take shots at them,” Cuccinelli said in this exclusive video interview.

(more)
http://dailycallernewsfoundation.org/2017/09/09/2018-could-be-the-year-incumbents-are-shown-the-door-in-a-trumpian-manner/
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 03:34:31 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Suppressed

It's not an empty argument when you don't have a majority.  Conservatives do not have a majority.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Anything that declares Trumpers to be conservative is a faulty argument.

Offline Night Hides Not

CC, it's been over 35 years since I departed Germany, but there are several phrases that I haven't forgotten. Your post enabled me to dust one off: ganz genau - exactly.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
CC, it's been over 35 years since I departed Germany, but there are several phrases that I haven't forgotten. Your post enabled me to dust one off: ganz genau - exactly.

The simple fact is that Trump supporting challengers did very poorly in the last election. The screaming moron who challenged in my district went down to a more than 70-30 defeat to the incumbent republican. It only took about 10 seconds of listening to his screaming robocall claiming he was gonna help build a wall, throw out the messicans, and put mericans back to work for me to decide he was an idiot.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Should they support the Trump agenda or vote with the sinking popularity of the Republican leadership and Washington establishment?

What happened to supporting Conservative principles and doing the things they promised in order to get elected?

Why is that option absent?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Night Hides Not

What happened to supporting Conservative principles and doing the things they promised in order to get elected?

Why is that option absent?

The Republican majority is not conservative, nor is President Trump...ergo, the conservative option won't even get lip service.

What is the Trump "agenda"? Can anyone explain it?

Bueller?  Bueller?  .....
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Smokin Joe

The Republican majority is not conservative, nor is President Trump...ergo, the conservative option won't even get lip service.

What is the Trump "agenda"? Can anyone explain it?

Bueller?  Bueller?  .....
***jimney

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jpsb

Trumps policies are more conservative than any president since Ike, his judicial picks are more conservative any president I am aware of including Reagan.

Offline LMAO

There might be a few bones thrown to conservatives in the next several years but nothing in the way of a more limited federal government

With more spending on the way, no ObamaCare repeal, the GOP in Congress happy with the status quo and Trump working with Schumer and Pelosi we can forget about seeing any real scale back of the federal leviathan
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jpsb

There might be a few bones thrown to conservatives in the next several years but nothing in the way of a more limited federal government

With more spending on the way, no ObamaCare repeal, the GOP in Congress happy with the status quo and Trump working with Schumer and Pelosi we can forget about seeing any real scale back of the federal leviathan

You are operating under the illusion that the GOP wants limited government. That is a GOP scam. The GOP runs on limited government and fiscal responsibility but once in office they expand government and debt. Did Nixon not grow government and the national debt? Did Reagan not grow government and the national debt? Dido "read my lips" HW Bush. George W Bush expanded government and debt like a drunken cowboy. Ironically the only president that actually did something to limit government and debt was a democrat, Bill Clinton, but only because Newt refused to let him spend like a democrat. So the credit really belongs to Newt and his Contract with America congress.

Since we all know Trump is not an establishment republican it is entirely possible that Trump will try to cut spending an limit the growth of government. He is already doing just that with his regulatory reforms.

And what is so bad about getting Harvey victims recovery funds? I think the folks going bananas over a 3 month debt ceiling extension are trying to make mountains out of mole hills.
All Trump did was send Mitch a memo, get on board and do your job or become irrelevant.

Oceander

Trumps policies are more conservative than any president since Ike, his judicial picks are more conservative any president I am aware of including Reagan.

:bigsilly:

Slow down there, boy, leave some koolaid for the other cultists. 

Oceander

That was pretty evident the day Trump was nominated. 

Offline LMAO

You are operating under the illusion that the GOP wants limited government. That is a GOP scam. The GOP runs on limited government and fiscal responsibility but once in office they expand government and debt. Did Nixon not grow government and the national debt? Did Reagan not grow government and the national debt? Dido "read my lips" HW Bush. George W Bush expanded government and debt like a drunken cowboy. Ironically the only president that actually did something to limit government and debt was a democrat, Bill Clinton, but only because Newt refused to let him spend like a democrat. So the credit really belongs to Newt and his Contract with America congress.

Since we all know Trump is not an establishment republican it is entirely possible that Trump will try to cut spending an limit the growth of government. He is already doing just that with his regulatory reforms.

And what is so bad about getting Harvey victims recovery funds? I think the folks going bananas over a 3 month debt ceiling extension are trying to make mountains out of mole hills.
All Trump did was send Mitch a memo, get on board and do your job or become irrelevant.

Huh?

First I'm not operating under any illusions . I'm simply talking about today and going forward.  You started bringing up Nixon, Clinton, Reagan, both Bushs,Newt Gingrich..,.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 04:11:37 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
The title needs fixing:

2018 Could Be The Year Incumbents REPUBLICANS Are Shown The Door In A ‘Trumpian Manner’

I certainly will be doing my part to get Conservatives OUT of it.

And Obama was the greatest President since Lincoln and his Christianity more Christ-like than any human being on earth. /sarc.

When acolytes in sieg-heiling cults of personality make claims, it's nearly always total bunk and the exact opposite of the truth.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Smokin Joe

C S Lewis