Author Topic: Wednesday Was Trump's First Day As A Democratic President. Here Are 7 Things You Need To Know.  (Read 1817 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
President Trump spent his first day as a Democratic president on Wednesday. After months of being excoriated as a racist and a nut by the Democratic Party, Democrats suddenly found a man they could work with — and Trump seemed to revel in it. The day began with a rally in North Dakota, where Trump talked up Democratic Senator Heidi Heitkamp, whom he called a “good woman.” He explained, “These are great people. They work hard. They’re for you 100 percent.”....

http://www.dailywire.com/news/20727/wednesday-was-trumps-first-day-democratic-ben-shapiro

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I am applauding these moves by Trump.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Wingnut

I am applauding these moves by Trump.

Amen.  He found people who want to work with him.   The GOP.  The party of assholes.

Offline GrouchoTex

@bigheadfred
@Wingnut

I think you two may be proven wrong.
I think this was an error.
Just my gut feeling, but I don't think it will end well.

Offline stephen50right

The premise of the article is just too silly. And I guess things will likely get sillier out there as time goes on.

North Dakota is a solid red state. I'm not familiar with Heidi Heitkamp, but perhaps a previous Republican f*ed up with something, maybe a poor debate showing, and so she got elected.

In any event, those on our side who don't comprehend Trump's political style by now, and how effective it can be for our side, simply haven't been paying enough attention. Those on the left have been paying attention, and their divide and conquer strategy, fortunately, I think most Americans out there see right thru their nonsense.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The premise of the article is just too silly. And I guess things will likely get sillier out there as time goes on.

North Dakota is a solid red state. I'm not familiar with Heidi Heitkamp, but perhaps a previous Republican f*ed up with something, maybe a poor debate showing, and so she got elected.

In any event, those on our side who don't comprehend Trump's political style by now, and how effective it can be for our side, simply haven't been paying enough attention. Those on the left have been paying attention, and their divide and conquer strategy, fortunately, I think most Americans out there see right thru their nonsense.
The state is roughly split politically, population wise, not 'solidly red', although it rejected Hillary because she was going to continue to carry on Obama energy policy, which had been costing a state which is the second largest oil producer and also produces Coal, Natural Gas, and exports electricity to the region. (Agriculture is the other major industry).
Heitkamp had serious name recognition from previous political experience and candidacy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidi_Heitkamp The reality in ND is that the urban areas in the East and the Bismarck/Mandan metro area are home to roughly half of the State's population. Oddly enough, the latter, in contrast to Fargo and Grand Forks voted Republican overall, and They are all university towns, and decidedly liberal in contrast to the oil  producing west. Add in the Indian Reservations which always vote Democrat, and that's how she got elected.

Heitkamp won the November 6, 2012, Senate election by 2,994 votes, less than 1% of the ballots cast. Berg conceded the race the next day[22] though he could have asked for a "demand recount" under North Dakota law. This permits candidates to demand a recount if they lose an election by more than 0.5% but less than 2% of the vote cast for the candidate receiving the most votes

Map credit to Magog the Ogre https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Magog_the_Ogre

Note the dark blue areas (80%+ D) coincide with Heavily Native counties outside the oil producing region. The Three Affiliated Tribes did not strongly change their county to Democrat, possibly because the Tribe has benefited from oil production on tribal lands. Dark red areas are only >70% R
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 09:08:18 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Ryan and McConnell have proven themselves to be the enemy.

If this was an error those two own it.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 12:33:34 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline stephen50right

The state is roughly split politically, population wise, not 'solidly red', although it rejected Hillary because she was going to continue to carry on Obama energy policy, which had been costing a state which is the second largest oil producer and also produces Coal, Natural Gas, and exports electricity to the region. (Agriculture is the other major industry).
Heitkamp had serious name recognition from previous political experience and candidacy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidi_Heitkamp The reality in ND is that the urban areas in the East and the Bismarck/Mandan metro area are home to roughly half of the State's population. Oddly enough, the latter, in contrast to Fargo and Grand Forks voted Republican overall, and They are all university towns, and decidedly liberal in contrast to the oil  producing west. Add in the Indian Reservations which always vote Democrat, and that's how she got elected.

Map credit to Magog the Ogre https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Magog_the_Ogre

Note the dark blue areas (80%+ D) coincide with Heavily Native counties outside the oil producing region. The Three Affiliated Tribes did not strongly change their county to Democrat, possibly because the Tribe has benefited from oil production on tribal lands. Dark red areas are only >70% R

"The state is roughly split politically, population wise, not 'solidly red'

https://www.270towin.com/states/North_Dakota

Click the link and learn that you need to find better sources for your information.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The most important thing is not the Party that gets it done. The most important issue is the Trump agenda. The GOP decided to 'go on strike'. Not only did they decide to not pass the Trump agenda, they decided to not pass ANYTHING AT ALL. The only guess I can come up with, is the GOP decided to go underground for four years and hope that Trump goes away? And meanwhile the country is falling apart. (not that they care, obviously)

I don't understand their strategy in this, unless they really do want the Democrats back in power. And that is possible. The GOP seems to be much more comfortable as a second rate Party. No responsibility that way.

But, yes I agree. If Trump can move forward with the Democrats, that is perfectly fine with me. F**k the GOP. Let them all go hide under their bed, or whatever their little hidey-holes are, and we will simply move ahead without them.

The GOP reminds me of a military slogan I learn in boot camp many years ago. "LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY!" This is my feelings about the Republicans, and apparently, it is how Trump feels as well.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline goatprairie

My own feeling is that Trump just might not know what he's doing. This latest action does nothing to change my mind. If he has problems working with McConnell and Ryan, who are without a doubt far more conservative than he is, maybe the problem is Trump.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
The deal with Democrats is a short-term, relatively meaningless deal.  It simply raises the debt limit for a few months (something the GOP would have done anyway, but longer term) and ties it to Harvey relief (something else the GOP would have done anyway).  What it did was send a signal to Ryan and McConnell (McConnell in particular) that Trump the deal maker is willing to make deals with anyone who can deliver, so the GOP leadership had better figure out how to get its house in order.

In general, Trump working with the left to get something done will not be a good thing.  It means a left/center coalition that will do nothing to curb spending, reverse the fiscal and cultural death spiral the country is in, or make the country safer in terms of its defensive posture.

For those of us who care about these things more than we care about Trump, let's hope this was a warning shot and not a harbinger of things to come.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The deal with Democrats is a short-term, relatively meaningless deal.  It simply raises the debt limit for a few months (something the GOP would have done anyway, but longer term) and ties it to Harvey relief (something else the GOP would have done anyway).  What it did was send a signal to Ryan and McConnell (McConnell in particular) that Trump the deal maker is willing to make deals with anyone who can deliver, so the GOP leadership had better figure out how to get its house in order.

In general, Trump working with the left to get something done will not be a good thing.  It means a left/center coalition that will do nothing to curb spending, reverse the fiscal and cultural death spiral the country is in, or make the country safer in terms of its defensive posture.

For those of us who care about these things more than we care about Trump, let's hope this was a warning shot and not a harbinger of things to come.

I think it serves as both a warning shot and harbinger. Trump is ringing the bell in the village square.

Offline goatprairie

"For those of us who care about these things more than we care about Trump, let's hope this was a warning shot and not a harbinger of things to come."

How believing trying to work  out a better deal with a bunch of commie Dem pols who would like nothing better than to literally roast him on a spit rather than with the two top people of his own party is a rational plan is beyond me.
Schumer and Pelosi were seen grinning like idiots after this latest Trump scheme was announced. Tell me that's a good sign.  22222frying pan

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Yes but not them alone!  It's ALL the swamp dwelling scum and the Rs and Ds don't mean a damned thing there!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I'm afraid the handwriting is on the wall Victor and the Swamp shall remain intact! Perhaps even enlarged!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
"The state is roughly split politically, population wise, not 'solidly red'

https://www.270towin.com/states/North_Dakota

Click the link and learn that you need to find better sources for your information.
I live here. Government starts at the local level. We have been working hard to get Conservative laws through, but that 'red' government pissed away the surpluses of an oil boom and then some, so I'm not so sure throwing that money at social services and an already wasteful University system was a good idea, especially when the expenditures have ongoing aspects. Despite counsel from many of us who knew that oil booms end in economic retractions, the Republicans spent in a way that would have made drunken sailors seem tighter than the worst pennypincher. Who needs Democrats?

You can post pictures of presidential votes till the cows come home, but the topic was how Heitkamp got elected (Senate election).
I told you, I posted the by-county map from that election, and you still want to wave irrelevant facts.

Do some research. I provided mine, and yours does not apply to that race or she would not have been elected, now, would she?

Those eastern counties harbor two of the three largest cities in the state, and those areas are liberal as hell.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Oceander

So, tell me again how it is that Trump is going to turn back the liberal tide and drain the D.C. swamp.

Might as well start calling him President Aahhnold. 

Offline goatprairie

So, tell me again how it is that Trump is going to turn back the liberal tide and drain the D.C. swamp.

Might as well start calling him President Aahhnold.
The hope here is that Trump finds out that his newest best buds, Schumer and Pelosi, don't give a fig about him and will only use him to pass commie stuff they want.
If he can get over himself ( yeah, I know..wishful thinking),  he'll find out that working with people in his own party to craft legislation and THEN going to the Dems will produce better results than trashing the big shots in his own party.
That's a lot of hope....Trump is as mule-headed as they come.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Looks like the boys from Greece are filing out of that orange wooden horse.

At least I wasn't duped.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Oceander

The hope here is that Trump finds out that his newest best buds, Schumer and Pelosi, don't give a fig about him and will only use him to pass commie stuff they want.
If he can get over himself ( yeah, I know..wishful thinking),  he'll find out that working with people in his own party to craft legislation and THEN going to the Dems will produce better results than trashing the big shots in his own party.
That's a lot of hope....Trump is as mule-headed as they come.

And every morning I wake up hoping I'll win the lottery without buying a ticket because someone will kindly buy one for me and give it to me.  I think I have better odds.