Author Topic: Trump Orders Military To Shoot Down North Korean Missiles  (Read 2133 times)

Offline stephen50right

Re: Trump Orders Military To Shoot Down North Korean Missiles
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2017, 03:12:39 pm »
Orange koolaid is kind of strong today huh?

"Care to comment?"

You asked for comments. I guess you didn't like the right answer.

Trump's favorite generals from WW2 are Patton and MacArthur in case you didn't know.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2017, 03:19:09 pm »
Very possible, with liquid fueled systems, too. Solid fuel rockets don't handle damage well, either, but that is usually apparent early in the trajectory.

A multi-stage missile is going to have obvious weak points being transported horizontally, as they do.  That's why the Saturn V and Space Shuttle used the Crawler Transporter in the vertical position.  Ideally, a multi-stage ICBM should be siloed, assembled on site, and fueled prior to launch.   They cannot remain fueled for long, since the chemical composition is corrosive to the missile parts in long-term storage.  The Norks seem to be reluctant to silo, because they know they'd be priority targets.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Oceander

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2017, 03:23:00 pm »
We all know, Trump is very trustworthy and has carried out the most Conservative agenda in decades, the military supports him as well.

:bigsilly:

Thanks for the ridiculous satire, I needed a good laugh.  But seriously, .....

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2017, 03:59:50 pm »
This isn't "advertising" anything. I don't think it's any surprise that we were going to shoot down Fatboy missiles fired towards Guam.

The question that Fatboy must contemplate, is whether or not we will consider that an act of war and retaliate. THAT is what Trump will not advertise.
I think the Korean blob is being talked to by his China buddies who have informed him of the shortness of his life span (measured in minutes) if any of his nuclear missiles ever hits us or an ally.
I don't believe he's completely nuts and probably wants to live a fairly long life. Let's hope the advice from the China commies has some sort of influence on him.