Author Topic: Trump Sides With Democrats on Interim Debt-Limit Fix, Harvey Aid  (Read 44966 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump Sides With Democrats on Interim Debt-Limit Fix, Harvey Aid
« Reply #125 on: September 07, 2017, 02:13:18 pm »
Start thinking, sycophants.

Wow.  A new word.  Learn that at your last NT meeting @jmyrlefuller ?  Well done, it's surprisingly good.   88devil

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #126 on: September 07, 2017, 02:14:53 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Honestly, I wonder if there's anything they won't excuse and defend.  I'm not being flippant, either.

Uh-huh......    *****rollingeyes*****

It's exactly what you're being.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #127 on: September 07, 2017, 02:15:09 pm »
Wow.  A new word.  Learn that at your last NT meeting @jmyrlefuller ?  Well done, it's surprisingly good.   88devil

And particularly apt when it comes to you. 

Online DCPatriot

Re: The Memo: Trump pulls off a stone-cold stunner
« Reply #128 on: September 07, 2017, 02:21:31 pm »
Still with the "we have to elect Trump so we don't get Hillary" talking point? 

My goodness.  You all still don't get it.  Trump is no improvement over Hillary and might be a lot worse.  They are at the very least 2 Democrats cut from the same cloth. 

Someone please explain to me how a Democrat elected as a Republican is different from any other Democrat.

You wouldn't have GORSUCH sitting on the Supreme Court.   You wouldn't have Obama's crippling economic regulations repealed.

...now run along and take your bullshit with you.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #129 on: September 07, 2017, 02:23:12 pm »
And particularly apt when it comes to you.

*****rollingeyes*****

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: DeMint: Trump Deal With Dems a 'Betrayal'
« Reply #130 on: September 07, 2017, 02:37:20 pm »
So DeMint is angry that Trump didn't repay all the loyalty and solidarity the GOP Congress has shown to Trump?

I would argue that's exactly what Trump just did.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #131 on: September 07, 2017, 02:39:35 pm »

You wouldn't have GORSUCH sitting on the Supreme Court.   You wouldn't have Obama's crippling economic regulations repealed.

...now run along and take your bullshit with you.

Yeah.  A few bones thrown at his base initially.  But we still don't have Obamacare repeal, we still have illegals and alleged refugees running around this country and  I don't see any meaningful tax reform in our future. And if you think his promises will be fulfilled by him cozying up to his Democrat buddies, you really are delusional. 

And I'll run along when I'm damm well good and ready, sweetheart.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 02:42:30 pm by Applewood »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #132 on: September 07, 2017, 02:40:45 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Honestly, I wonder if there's anything they won't excuse and defend.  I'm not being flippant, either.

No there's not.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Silver Pines

« Reply #133 on: September 07, 2017, 02:41:16 pm »
Uh-huh......    *****rollingeyes*****

It's exactly what you're being.

@DCPatriot

No, but time will tell if there's a red line, I suppose.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #134 on: September 07, 2017, 02:41:55 pm »
I see that once again the usual suspects show up to try and shut down a thread instead of trying to say anything meaningful.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #135 on: September 07, 2017, 02:42:57 pm »
@DCPatriot

No, but time will tell if there's a red line, I suppose.

No red line with Donny and his blind faith followers.

Silver Pines

« Reply #136 on: September 07, 2017, 02:43:48 pm »
No red line with Donny and his blind faith followers.

@txradioguy

I believe you're right.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I think Mitch and Paul were begging Trump not to throw them in the briar patch.

They've been tossing him in the briar patch for months.

The truth is that too many GOP members of Congress value publicly separating themselves from Trump with snarky asides and leaks than actually passing legislation.  As a result, Congress has passed almost nothing of value.  Obamacare is intact, no tax reform, no wall.  I would not be the least bit surprised to learn that they are laughing behind their backs at Trump regarding financing for the wall.

So, Trump basically just flipped them the bird and called them out as ineffective.  The message sent was "if you.don't have my back, I don't have yours."

Maybe that will wake them up and restore their spines, though I doubt it.  If it doesn't, the midterms will be massacre because a whole lot of GOP voters are going to sit home.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 02:49:02 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Silver Pines

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #139 on: September 07, 2017, 02:52:50 pm »
No there's not.

For me, it's not a question of defending Trump.  It is sheer rage at how spineless and ineffective this GOP Congress has been.  So at this point, I will applaud anything that jabs a sharp stick in their collective eye.

Can't deny how pleased I was to hear Susan Collins upset about this.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 02:56:46 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #140 on: September 07, 2017, 02:55:40 pm »

Trump is no improvement over Hillary and might be a lot worse. 

Ridiculous statements like this, come from people that claim to have left the Republican Party, and claim to have not have voted for the Republican candidate.

Their participation in the process is greatly appreciated by Presidents Clinton, Castle and McMuffin.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Re: GOP livid after Trump cuts deal with Democrats
« Reply #141 on: September 07, 2017, 02:57:48 pm »
I hate that he's working with the dims and giving them what they want, but I love that he's called the republicans out.  McConnell and Ryan really look small and petty now.

:beer:

In essence, Trump is telling the Sopranocrat Republicans that, "I'm moving forward either with or without you".  For their part, Republican leaders are hoping to kick the can down the road until after the mid-terms.  After all, their number one goal is to get re-elected.

As Sun Tzu noted in his seminal work, “The Art of War,” that "Every battle is won or lost before it's ever fought".

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
They've been tossing him in the briar patch for months.

The truth is that too many GOP members of Congress value publicly separating themselves from Trump with snarky asides and leaks than actually passing legislation.  As a result, Congress has passed almost nothing of value.  Obamacare is intact, no tax reform, no wall.  I would not be the least bit surprised to learn that they are laughing behind their backs at Trump regarding financing for the wall.

So, Trump basically just flipped them the bird and called them out as ineffective.  The message sent was "if you.don't have my back, I don't have yours."

Maybe that will wake them up and restore their spines, though I doubt it.  If it doesn't, the midterms will be massacre because a whole lot of GOP voters are going to sit home.

You make some great points...But that's not leadership.

That's a tantrum on Trump's part.

Reagan had to fight his own party to get things done in his first term and sometimes in his second.

He didn't roll over and start working with the Dems. Yes there was some attempts at compromise with them early on...and they screwed him...but at no time did he so blatantly cast his lot with the Dems as we're seeing Trump do in this instance with the debt ceiling.

He's the leader of the GOP right now...he should start acting like it and bring the leadership in Congress inline while he's at it.

He's the big boss...time he starts acting like it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #143 on: September 07, 2017, 03:00:28 pm »
For me, it's not a question of defending Trump.  It is sheer rage at how spineless and ineffective this GOP Congress has been.  So at this point, I will applaud anything that jabs a sharp stick in their collective eye.

Can't deny how pleased I was to hear Susan Collins upset about this.

There are other ways to put some backbone into Congressional leadership than casting your lot with the Dems as "payback".

And in all honesty...it's hard for Trump to really make people believe he's upset with the likes of McConnell when he's endorsing a guy in Alabama guaranteed to vote the way Mitch wants him to vote.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 03:02:27 pm by txradioguy »

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #144 on: September 07, 2017, 03:04:21 pm »
This is all about hurricane relief.  The President didn't want the Republicans to prolong passage in the Senate with their usual diddling and squabbling. 

Hopefully, Republicans learn how to work together and with the President.

Go ahead. Make your excuses.

Your presidential choice is a failure.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Re: GOP livid after Trump cuts deal with Democrats
« Reply #145 on: September 07, 2017, 03:04:40 pm »
Brilliant move by Trump.   

Instead of leading and building a good relationship with the GOP...

GOP leaders have been tripping over themselves to be critical of Trump any time he's under attack.  The fact that Nancy Pelosi denounced Antifa before Ryan or McConnell did is embarassing.

This Congress hasn't shown the slightest inclination to do anything useful.  They've passed nothing, and don't seem remotely close to doing so.  And Senate Republicans are allowing Democrats to play procedural games to slow confirmations to a crawl.

At this point, I've pretty much given up hope that we'll get reform of Obamacare, taxes, or anything else of consequence.  So I'll settle for making the GOP Congress as miserable as possible.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 03:05:07 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #146 on: September 07, 2017, 03:06:59 pm »
Here's the thing - in a world that made sense, we shouldn't fear a 3 month debt ceiling concurrent with budget negotiations and hurricane relief. We have all the votes we need to pass whatever we want.

I personally don't want the debt limit strung out there for a year or more. We need to deal with it now, and if we had the discipline and leadership of the Dems we would because we'd fight; the leaders could whip the representatives in both houses in line and get it done our way.

But as it stands what we got is what we had on the health care bill. Feckless, rudderless, and completely disassociated from reality.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 03:10:08 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #147 on: September 07, 2017, 03:07:51 pm »
The cultists will never get the message.
Pray for America and the rest of what is left of the free world.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #148 on: September 07, 2017, 03:11:46 pm »
Your presidential choice is a failure.

*****rollingeyes*****

Oh, for heaven's sake, do try and catch up.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #149 on: September 07, 2017, 03:13:38 pm »
  *****rollingeyes*****

Oh, for heaven's sake, do try and catch up.

What? Did he screw up again this morning and I haven't heard about it?

Probably. And you are probably busy spinning it as the greatest move EVAH. He makes the bestest deals and surrounds himself with the smartiest people (so he can fire them, or they can flee)!
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!