Author Topic: Trump Sides With Democrats on Interim Debt-Limit Fix, Harvey Aid  (Read 44282 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Trump Sides With Democrats on Interim Debt-Limit Fix, Harvey Aid
« Reply #825 on: September 11, 2017, 08:48:26 pm »
So...maybe it should have been The Art of the Con instead of The Art of the Deal.  Cause it sure feels like a con to me right about now.

It's alright if he's good at it, and has a heart pointed in the right way, and principles to act as guardrails... 'Negotiation' is nine tenths con, really. He's just so bad at it that he couldn't pour piss out of a boot if it had directions on the heel.

BTW, it is so very nice to have you back where you belong... I never doubted your stout heart and erudite mind for a single second. I knew you were makin' nice, and figgered it wouldn't take too long till 'Oh hell, no!'    :seeya:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #826 on: September 11, 2017, 08:52:13 pm »
http://www.dailywire.com/news/20727/wednesday-was-trumps-first-day-democratic-ben-shapiro

"6. Trump Knows His Base Will Go Along With Him. Trump’s in a comfortable situation. He knows that a huge percentage of his base simply doesn’t care what he does — he masterfully exploited the reactionary anger against Hillary Clinton to establish himself as the Hillary-Slayer. Now he can do no wrong. In the past 72 hours, large segments of the same base that cheered him shouting about deporting millions of illegal immigrants are cheering him pushing DACA; members of the same base that decried Ryan and McConnell as shills doing the bidding of Democrats are cheering him for coddling Pelosi and Schumer. After all, Trump’s still hitting the “establishment”!

@CatherineofAragon

That's about the best summation of what's going on as anyone will be able to find anywhere.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Silver Pines

« Reply #827 on: September 11, 2017, 09:18:03 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

That's about the best summation of what's going on as anyone will be able to find anywhere.

@txradioguy

I think so, too.  Trump is the touchstone.  It doesn't matter if you were opposed to something yesterday; if Trump is for it, you don't even have to think.  It must be good.

Or as they say at TOS, "Trust Trump. "

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #828 on: September 11, 2017, 09:26:51 pm »
@txradioguy

I think so, too.  Trump is the touchstone.  It doesn't matter if you were opposed to something yesterday; if Trump is for it, you don't even have to think.  It must be good.

Or as they say at TOS, "Trust Trump. "

Do they really say that at TOS?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

« Reply #829 on: September 11, 2017, 09:36:19 pm »
   Thanks Myst and Mods for opening this thread back up and A Big Welcome Back to @txradioguy, your insightful intellect was  missed, by me anyway.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #830 on: September 11, 2017, 09:37:23 pm »
...in the meantime, Harvey and Irma victims have immediate access to funds and FEMA.

What's not to like?

But they missed out on their Sr. Seuss readings !!
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #831 on: September 11, 2017, 09:38:07 pm »

There were other ways to get the Harvey funding "right now" without more spending that none of us can't afford.

That is the bottom line.

He has the bully pulpit.

He can call a press conference and in 10 minutes, no questions, call for the Congress to quit playing games with disaster relief, give him a bill without encumbrances, or shame the bloody lot of them on national TV.
Take it to the people.
Every one of those scoundrels on The Hill would be deluged with calls and letters and emails and tweets and vilified on fecebook until they got it done--and he'd be leading the American People to put pressure on them, a real vox populi moment.

Nope.

Either he's politically tone deaf, or he really wanted to slap the GOP around and went straight to the Dems, hat in hand.
That's not the 'great negotiator' we were all told to expect. Not even close. **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #832 on: September 11, 2017, 10:05:43 pm »

Yeah lefty, but but a $20T debt suits you just fine.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Silver Pines

« Reply #833 on: September 11, 2017, 10:06:54 pm »
Do they really say that at TOS?

@Cyber Liberty

I've seen it over and over.

Silver Pines

« Reply #834 on: September 11, 2017, 10:07:42 pm »
   Thanks Myst and Mods for opening this thread back up and A Big Welcome Back to @txradioguy, your insightful intellect was  missed, by me anyway.

What Corbe said.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #835 on: September 11, 2017, 10:25:06 pm »
YOU are so FOS your eyes are brown!

:laugh:   Luv you, too! 

...nope. Still blue!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 10:28:04 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #836 on: September 11, 2017, 10:29:29 pm »

Was THAT what GWB was reading when they whispered in his ear?   ^-^
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #837 on: September 11, 2017, 10:38:38 pm »
I like it.  Fecebook. 

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Oceander

« Reply #838 on: September 11, 2017, 10:43:10 pm »
That is the bottom line.

He has the bully pulpit.

He can call a press conference and in 10 minutes, no questions, call for the Congress to quit playing games with disaster relief, give him a bill without encumbrances, or shame the bloody lot of them on national TV.
Take it to the people.
Every one of those scoundrels on The Hill would be deluged with calls and letters and emails and tweets and vilified on fecebook until they got it done--and he'd be leading the American People to put pressure on them, a real vox populi moment.

Nope.

Either he's politically tone deaf, or he really wanted to slap the GOP around and went straight to the Dems, hat in hand.
That's not the 'great negotiator' we were all told to expect. Not even close. **nononono*

:thumbsup:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #839 on: September 12, 2017, 12:10:51 am »

@corbe thank you.  I had a wonderful time with my little grandson up in Idaho.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #840 on: September 12, 2017, 12:18:39 am »
Was THAT what GWB was reading when they whispered in his ear?   ^-^

No, that was what your partner was ragging the Senator from TX about.  But you knew that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #841 on: September 15, 2017, 11:13:51 am »
Trump is simply fulfilling Hillary's campaign promises.   Well done, sir!   We knew you would.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #842 on: September 15, 2017, 03:51:48 pm »
Trump is simply fulfilling Hillary's campaign promises.   Well done, sir!   We knew you would.

WooHooooo! More WINNING!