Author Topic: Trump Sides With Democrats on Interim Debt-Limit Fix, Harvey Aid  (Read 45045 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Trump Sides With Democrats on Interim Debt-Limit Fix, Harvey Aid
« Reply #725 on: September 10, 2017, 09:35:26 pm »
Except for the fact that in this case he is absolutely right you would have a point.

Schwing!   :laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

« Reply #727 on: September 10, 2017, 09:39:46 pm »
It's hard to comment while laughing so hard.  If the thread goes silent on the subject it's because we're tired of embarrassing the fool.  It's just not sporting to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

@Cyber Liberty

I find it humorous, but sad, the way you never have anything of substance to say. Just unimaginative somewhat boring insults.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #728 on: September 10, 2017, 09:41:49 pm »
Yeah....I remember.  Who does that?  (besides a damned leftist, that is) 

Such gratitude (not).  He had been attending the anti-Whitey Wright's ""sermons"" for quite some time by then.  It obviously rubbed off.

Didn't Granny "kick the bucket" shortly after making those comments? Curious no.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #729 on: September 10, 2017, 09:43:31 pm »
This thread is not about the citizenship of Ted Cruz or Barack Obama. Please try to stay on topic.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #730 on: September 10, 2017, 09:44:59 pm »
This thread is not about the citizenship of Ted Cruz or Barack Obama. Please try to stay on topic.

Sorry, my post came late.  I'll remove it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #731 on: September 10, 2017, 09:47:35 pm »

Ok.  Just as soon as I tell you that if either one trys to get his name on the Texas Ballot in 2020 and I'm the Secretary of State in Texas by then the answer is going to be an emphatic NO!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

« Reply #732 on: September 10, 2017, 09:50:43 pm »
Sorry, my post came late.  I'll remove it.

Saved by the mod ........ again.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #733 on: September 10, 2017, 09:52:02 pm »
Just when we get a couple the Mod comes and busts up the fun.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #734 on: September 10, 2017, 09:54:58 pm »
Saved by the mod ........ again.

Yes, you were.  Another day, a more appropriate thread....
I will NOT comply.

Offline corbe

« Reply #735 on: September 10, 2017, 09:57:08 pm »
   Now regretting posting that Cruz pic of him as a Mountie, somewhat.   Any picture of Cruz is like kryptonite to Superman for most Trumpers.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #736 on: September 10, 2017, 09:57:55 pm »
Just when we get a couple the Mod comes and busts up the fun.
I'm afraid the reference was lost on my dear friend @Bigun.  He hit me with the frying pan for that.

Meanwhile...what IS with Trump siding with the Dems for Hurricane relief?  What's the point?  Think he did it to give Ryan and Chinless a wake-up slap, or is he making a sharp turn to Port?
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #737 on: September 10, 2017, 09:58:28 pm »
   Now regretting posting that Cruz pic of him as a Mountie, somewhat.   Any picture of Cruz is like kryptonite to Superman for most Trumpers.

Don't be!  I needed the laugh (and it worked!).
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #738 on: September 10, 2017, 10:03:45 pm »
I'm afraid the reference was lost on my dear friend @Bigun.  He hit me with the frying pan for that.

Meanwhile...what IS with Trump siding with the Dems for Hurricane relief?  What's the point?  Think he did it to give Ryan and Chinless a wake-up slap, or is he making a sharp turn to Port?

I shoulda hit you with a frying pan also for schwinging at me. ;)

Personally, I think it's more Trump erratic behavior.  I'm actually more curious about Republicans wanting a 15 month extension versus the Dems asking for 3.

Anyway, the whole thing could have been handled much better.  It's somewhat like the first random tweet about ending transgenders in the military.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #739 on: September 10, 2017, 10:08:49 pm »

Personally, I think it's more Trump erratic behavior.  I'm actually more curious about Republicans wanting a 15 month extension versus the Dems asking for 3.

Anyway, the whole thing could have been handled much better.  It's somewhat like the first random tweet about ending transgenders in the military.

As a rule of thumb, the Dems always win arguments over increases in the debt ceiling (and Continuing Resolutions) because all they have to do is sit back and call Republicans haters of poor people and minorities.  The Republicans were just trying to get it out of election year politics, because they are afraid of the issue.  As for the rest, doesn't matter what Trump does, good or bad, there are plenty of people to complain about how we got there.
I will NOT comply.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #740 on: September 10, 2017, 10:09:22 pm »
Quote from: Right_in_Virginia on Today at 09:26:40 AM
Since I'm living rent free in that tiny little brain of yours, could you at least open a window? 

No m'am, and I'm eating beans with my kimchee. Want some?

Heh..... I'm sending you a dozen pickled hard boiled eggs wrapped in pepper jack cheese to go with that, and suggest you wash it all down with a six-pack of Schlitz - and then proceed to do 20 jumping jacks on a trampoline... and try not to belch - so it all has only one way to be expelled.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #741 on: September 10, 2017, 10:19:39 pm »

They wanted to bargain after the 2018 elections. I read about it on the internet. DC is all about getting re-elected. Nothing else.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #742 on: September 10, 2017, 10:32:46 pm »
They wanted to bargain after the 2018 elections. I read about it on the internet. DC is all about getting re-elected. Nothing else.

Yeah, and in doing so completely flipped off the conservative and fiscal conservative segments of their voters.  This is the curious part; how stupid can they be?  I'm afraid of the real answer.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #743 on: September 10, 2017, 10:38:34 pm »
Yeah, and in doing so completely flipped off the conservative and fiscal conservative segments of their voters.  This is the curious part; how stupid can they be?  I'm afraid of the real answer.

I wouldn't call them stoopit.  They've heavily discounted the impact of conservative voters leaving the voting pool.  I don't know enough to say they are wrong about that.  Look at the way some posters on this conservative forum disparage "conservatives."
I will NOT comply.

Online DB

« Reply #744 on: September 10, 2017, 10:50:50 pm »

Just Trump unifying the uniparty...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #745 on: September 10, 2017, 11:02:31 pm »
ET's are all in for Any Port in a Storm.  *****rollingeyes*****
Yeah. I wonder if they still believe that his dad was on the grassy knoll or some such. *****rollingeyes***** Indeed!

Seven mistresses?  :silly: That would take a lot of libido to keep going!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #746 on: September 10, 2017, 11:06:21 pm »
Heh..... I'm sending you a dozen pickled hard boiled eggs wrapped in pepper jack cheese to go with that, and suggest you wash it all down with a six-pack of Schlitz - and then proceed to do 20 jumping jacks on a trampoline... and try not to belch - so it all has only one way to be expelled.
888high58888 Make it Colt 45.... :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #747 on: September 10, 2017, 11:11:33 pm »
I wouldn't call them stoopit.  They've heavily discounted the impact of conservative voters leaving the voting pool.  I don't know enough to say they are wrong about that.  Look at the way some posters on this conservative forum disparage "conservatives."

Well, if it ain't true conservatives and it ain't fiscal conservatives, who the hell is voting for them?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #748 on: September 10, 2017, 11:13:18 pm »
Yeah. I wonder if they still believe that his dad was on the grassy knoll or some such. *****rollingeyes***** Indeed!

Seven mistresses?  :silly: That would take a lot of libido to keep going!

Seriously, all you have to do is *look* at Ted Cruz to know that (whatever number) mistresses ain't happening.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #749 on: September 10, 2017, 11:16:23 pm »
Well, if it ain't true conservatives and it ain't fiscal conservatives, who the hell is voting for them?

People who want to win and keep the Dems away from the levers of power.  Half the game is keeping the enemy from winning at any cost.  This is tactical maneuvering.
I will NOT comply.