Author Topic: NOAA 1974 - Global Cooling Will Starve the World  (Read 363 times)

rangerrebew

NOAA 1974 - Global Cooling Will Starve the World
« on: September 06, 2017, 01:50:06 pm »
Thursday, June 30, 2016
NOAA 1974 - Global Cooling Will Starve the World

"The poorest nations, already beset by man-made disasters, have been threatened by a natural one: the possibility of climatic changes ...perhaps throughout the world. The implications for global food and population policies are ominous..." - NOAA, 1974

In October 1974, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) published an alarming article in their quarterly magazine stating that climatologists believed a recent global cooling trend would starve the world and send the planet into another ice age. [1]

http://www.populartechnology.net/2016/06/noaa-1974-global-cooling-will-starve.html

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: NOAA 1974 - Global Cooling Will Starve the World
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 01:52:32 pm »
Warm weather just doesn't seem so bad, now, does it?

I remember this low level panic, talk of the Geology Department, when I graduated in '78. It puts the whole 'oceans will boil' narrative in perspective. Fads run in cycles, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis