Author Topic: It’s Shocking What Happened to All the Money you Donated to the Red Cross…  (Read 828 times)

Wingnut

Tweet
In the wake of Hurricane Harvey, and the possibility of Hurricane Irma about to  deal out some damage, more and more Americans are showing the world what makes our nation so great: our generous heart to help out our neighbors in need.

Millions of dollars in donations have made there way down to Texas and other states affected by Harvey, putting on display the benefits of a capitalist system for the whole world to see.

These individuals aren’t being forced at the end of a barrel to give of their hard earned cash in some sort of “redistribution” scheme, they’re doing so out of real, legit charity, for the sake of love.

When disasters like this strike, there’s tons of charities that suddenly spring up, some of them run by folks who just have a heart of service who want desperately to end the suffering of their fellow man, while others see an opportunity to scam the hurting and make a quick buck.

This is why it’s critical for you to make sure the organization you are supporting with your donations are actually giving the money to those who need it, that you know precisely what the cash will be used for.

Due diligence such as this uncovers fraudulent practices, like those done by one of the biggest charity organizations in the world, The Red Cross.

While this group has been known to provide all kinds of help to those in need in the aftermath of natural disasters like Hurricane Harvey, some of its more recent practices have gone a long way in destroying that well earned reputation.

Remember back when that massive earthquake rocked Haiti in 2010? Well the Red Cross was supposed to have accepted nearly $500 million in donations to be used as relief money, which is quite a lot of dough, wouldn’t you say?

Guess how many homes got built out of those fat stacks of cash? Six. Six homes. Yet the Red Cross — known from here on as RC — claims they provided new homes for 130,000 people.

https://conservativetoday.com/shocking-happened-money-donated-red-cross/

Online DB

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
They probably subcontracted the Clinton foundation to build those 6 homes - $80M apiece sounds about right...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I just woke up. Read this. I had donated in to them in good faith

Now I'm going to cry and vomit

Thanks for ruining my day, Red Cross.  888cryingkitty 888cryingkitty

Ping @Sanguine for Texas thread.
Ping @mystery-ak
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 10:21:13 am by Freya »