Author Topic: Trump faults Obama for immigration program: ‘Young Americans have dreams, too’  (Read 903 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The Washington Times
By Dave Boyer
Tuesday, September 5, 2017

President Trump said Tuesday he’s eager to solve the challenge of illegal young immigrants “with heart and compassion,” but he could not allow former President Barack Obama’s illegal and dangerous amnesty program to continue.

“In referencing the idea of creating new immigration rules unilaterally, President Obama admitted that ‘I can’t just do these things by myself’ — and yet that is exactly what he did, making an end-run around Congress and violating the core tenets that sustain our Republic,” Mr. Trump said in a statement.

The administration announced Tuesday it is ending the program known as DACA, which allowed illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as children to be shielded from deportation.

Mr. Trump said only Congress can make immigration law.

“There can be no path to principled immigration reform if the executive branch is able to rewrite or nullify federal laws at will,” Mr. Trump said.

(more)
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/sep/5/donald-trump-faults-barack-obama-immigration-progr/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Federal Judges are next to be brought in line with the American Constitution. Federal Judges rewrite and nullify 'law' all the time.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 04:36:59 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Applewood

Can't wait to see what congress does.  I'm going to bet those [expletives] won't do anything.  They need the votes too, just like the Democrats.

Offline bilo

Can't wait to see what congress does.  I'm going to bet those [expletives] won't do anything.  They need the votes too, just like the Democrats.

Just to take the other side of this, why should Congress do anything? We are talking about people who are here illegally.

If your heart is torn over the infant brought here at 6 months old and has never lived anywhere else I can see how hard this is, but if children are going to be exempted from our immigration laws then what about the parents. Do the parents get a green card and permanent residency, you can't let children stay without parents. If so we just created a magnet for drawing all the poor and suffering to the USA with no concern about qualifying for legal immigration.

The best possible outcome is for Congress to do nothing about DACA and to pass new skill based immigration quidelines.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline skeeter

The poltroons were perfectly happy to hide behind Obama.

But be prepared for them to do what they did for Obamacare - collect enough safe votes to pass something, while allowing everyone else to continue "conservative" chest thumping. They are beneath contempt.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

He could have played the racist card back at them by saying 'young black Americans have dreams too'.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
If your heart is torn over the infant brought here at 6 months old and has never lived anywhere else I can see how hard this is, but if children are going to be exempted from our immigration laws then what about the parents. Do the parents get a green card and permanent residency, you can't let children stay without parents. If so we just created a magnet for drawing all the poor and suffering to the USA with no concern about qualifying for legal immigration.
This really shows a contrast between conservatives and liberals. Conservatives are willing to draw clear lines of demarcation: life begins at conception, citizenship begins at birth. Progressives? Well, it depends on whatever allows them to do what they want to do, which at its simplest is to subvert.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024