Author Topic: Where Are The Promised Heatwaves?  (Read 517 times)

rangerrebew

Where Are The Promised Heatwaves?
« on: September 05, 2017, 11:21:56 am »

Where Are The Promised Heatwaves?
September 4, 2017

By Paul Homewood

I’ll take a closer look at the summer just gone once the Met Office has all the data out.

But I have done some analysis on daily max temps for the Central England Temperature series.

First, an update of a graph I did a couple of months ago, which was just for June.

This one plots all daily maximum temperatures during the summer:

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2017/09/04/where-are-the-promised-heatwaves/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Where Are The Promised Heatwaves?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 12:24:47 pm »
Forty eight degrees this morning, supposed to get up to seventy for a high today.

I just see all that global warming as something else the government promised us we aren't going to get.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 01:02:29 pm »
We in southern Iowa had one day above 95, and 10 above 90 all summer. August has been high 70's to low 80's all month. Looking at a low of 47 tonite.
The Republic is lost.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 01:58:28 pm »
The only 90°+ days we had here in New Hampshire were back in June (3 in a row) and we've had none since then.

The rest of the summer has been cool-to-mild, and somewhat rainy, and we've already had several mornings with temperatures in the 40s. The leaves are already starting to develop color here and there....
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 04:27:01 pm »
The only 90°+ days we had here in New Hampshire were back in June (3 in a row) and we've had none since then.

The rest of the summer has been cool-to-mild, and somewhat rainy, and we've already had several mornings with temperatures in the 40s. The leaves are already starting to develop color here and there....

So that's what the In-nh means!   :shrug: