Author Topic: John McCain slams Trump in Italy, recommits to America's role in world  (Read 1806 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: John McCain slams Trump in Italy, recommits to America's role in world
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2017, 09:08:16 pm »
So what you are telling me is the Dems in actuality ensure McCain winning because he is one of them?

'Zackly.  And Flake expects to do the same.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2017, 09:33:41 pm »
Not really.  Never going to get a rotten Senator like McCain out when we have Dems picking our candidates for us.  I don't see the AZ Legislature having the guts to close the Primaries.

I didn't realize AZ had open primaries.  The blame I think falls into the lap of the RNC; look at how open primary states affected the outcome of the last GOP nominee ... nothing more needs to be said.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 09:34:08 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2017, 09:43:33 pm »
I didn't realize AZ had open primaries.  The blame I think falls into the lap of the RNC; look at how open primary states affected the outcome of the last GOP nominee ... nothing more needs to be said.

In AZ, the Primary (open) is a different election than the Presidential Preference election (closed).  The Primary that's open is always 60 days ahead of the General Election in AZ, which is why McCain-Feingold tried to rig the funding dates the way they did.  Under M-F, no PAC could have run commercials against McCain for the entire three months prior to the General Election.  The dates for the funding cutoffs were tailor made for just one Senator, named John McCain.  All the other states have different dates, but only AZ had the dates set up like this.

Fortunately that was the part of the law SCOTUS kicked out.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2017, 11:16:06 pm »

In AZ, the Primary (open) is a different election than the Presidential Preference election (closed).  The Primary that's open is always 60 days ahead of the General Election in AZ, which is why McCain-Feingold tried to rig the funding dates the way they did.  Under M-F, no PAC could have run commercials against McCain for the entire three months prior to the General Election.  The dates for the funding cutoffs were tailor made for just one Senator, named John McCain.  All the other states have different dates, but only AZ had the dates set up like this.

Fortunately that was the part of the law SCOTUS kicked out.

Yes, I understand the differences; and it's a problem that the RNC chooses to ignore.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2017, 11:38:07 pm »

Yes, I understand the differences; and it's a problem that the RNC chooses to ignore.

The Republicans are chicken about the demagoguery that's sure to come:  "You're disenfranchising poor people!!!"  You would think they would have come up with a counter by now....
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2017, 11:46:23 pm »
Normal people use about 10% of their brain. McCain uses about 1% of his. That leaves 99% of his brain for the cancer to attack before it has any effect on him.

FWIW, I have an old friend I recently saw after a couple of months went by from the last time we talked. He told me in that 2 months the docs had cut 3 pieces of the same kind of cancer out of his head. He talked and acted the same as always.
IOW, the cancer is just a possible excuse for being his own hateful self.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2017, 11:48:47 pm »
IOW, the cancer is just a possible excuse for being his own hateful self.

Yup. I detect no change whatsoever in his public demeanor.
I will NOT comply.