Author Topic: Kid Rock Responds to Watchdog Group's Complaint Against His Senate Run: 'Go F--- Yourselves'  (Read 3508 times)

Wingnut

Watchdog group Common Cause has filed a complaint against Kid Rock's future Senate run with the Federal Election Commission and Department of Justice.

In the complaint, the group urges attorney general Jeff Sessions and deputy attorney general Rod Rosenstein to investigate whether Kid Rock has violated federal election laws by acting as a Senate candidate -- tweeting about it and launching kidrockforsenate.com -- without registering his candidacy. Common Cause further states he has not complied with contribution restrictions or publicly disclosed contributions to his campaign.

Kid Rock's label, Warner Bros. Records, is named as well: Common Cause alleges the company has also violated federal law and commission regulations by offering 'Kid Rock for Senate' merchandise for sale on its website.

"Given the activities we’ve documented in the complaint, he can’t reasonably claim to be merely testing the waters of candidacy and thus exempt from candidate filing requirements," Common Cause vice president for policy and litigation Paul S. Ryan said. "He is a candidate and is obligated to abide by all the rules and make the same disclosures required of everyone else running for federal office.”

Kid Rock hit back with a brief, to-the-point response.

"I am starting to see reports from the misinformed press and the fake news on how I am in violation of breaking campaign law," Kid Rock wrote on his website Friday (Sept. 1). "#1 I have still not officially announced my candidacy. #2 See #1 and go bleep yourselves."

Read Common Cause's complaint in full here.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/politics/7949996/kid-rock-senate-common-cause-complaint
https://www.spin.com/2017/09/kid-rock-fec-complaint-senate-go-bleep-yourselves/

« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 05:53:23 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Applewood

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
GROAN!
"...in violation of breaking campaign laws..."
Groan, indeed.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online corbe

Entertainers as Senators, I'll play.

Hank Jr. would make a Great Senator for Alabama and he's more talented than Kid Rock, musically and falling off mountains, anyway.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

Hank Jr. would make a Great Senator for Alabama and he's more talented than Kid Rock, musically and falling off mountains, anyway.

Ted Nugent would certainly create some splodey heads.

Online corbe

Texas is big @RoosGirl but it ain't that big, 1 TED is enough, but Michigan, his home state needs a Good Senator or two, the Motor City Madman would be great.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Unfortunately, I could only find 1 replacement for your Bill Nelson problem searching for Florida Entertainers.

*as per request and in honor of the great state of Florida.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 12:33:45 am by corbe »

Offline RoosGirl

LOL  Good Lord.  Well..... she couldn't be worse than Bill.

Offline RoosGirl

I understand the Van Zant brothers live not too far from me, or at least they used to.

Wingnut

I'll take dumb ass posters for $1000 @Frank Cannon   So what does our winner @Colbe cheese win?

Online corbe

Oh shit @wingy did my lame attempt at highjacking your pathetic Thread work so well you gotta call in the big dog? Besides being unfair it's downright immoral and UN Conservative.

Wingnut

Oh shit @wingy did my lame attempt at highjacking your pathetic Thread work so well you gotta call in the big dog? Besides being unfair it's downright immoral and UN Conservative.
Time for a Butt F'n  Bend over!  ****sheep****

Offline RoosGirl

Time for a Butt F'n  Bend over!  ****sheep****

So you're the pitcher?

Online corbe

Why do you always bring up that butt thing  @wang are you still trying to perpetrate that rumour that I'm gay, just because I said that one night, drunk, no less, how much I loved Ted Cruz?

Wingnut

Offline RoosGirl

Wingnut

oh, you just like watching.

I call Balls and Strikes and throw people out of the game.

Silver Pines

Online corbe

I'm certainly regretting jacking this thread, @wangy aint as forgiving as @Right_in_Virginia .

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

AH HAH!  I knew it!   YOU are MOD2!!!     :seeya:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Wingnut

We do keep it interesting.

Offline RoosGirl

I dunno, you do seem a little preoccupied with Corbe's sexual status.

Offline RoosGirl

AH HAH!  I knew it!   YOU are MOD2!!!     :seeya:

So I am no the only one that thinks @Wingnut is a Mod!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I dunno, you do seem a little preoccupied with Corbe's sexual status.

I'm still trying to figure out if it's a 'he' or a 'she'....simply based upon posts over the past couple of days.     :laugh:

"...not that there's anything wrong with that"  - Jerry Seinfeld
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald