Author Topic: American College of Pediatrics Reaches Decision: Transgenderism of Children is Child Abuse!  (Read 457 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Joe for America
BY SCOTT OSBORN
AUGUST 12, 2017

Sen. John McCaThe American College of Pediatricians issued a statement this week condemning gender reclassification in children by stating that transgenderism in children amounts to child abuse.

The stories have been rampant of parents treating their little boys as girls because they “thought they identified” that way.

Between you, me, and the fence-post. When I was in the second grade, I wanted to be Cindy from the Brady Bunch. Why? I have no clue! I do know that never in my adult life have I identified as, or wanted to be a woman. My parents never knew. But if they had, and fostered that silly imaginary play, they could have well guided me into something worse. It is important to note that over half of the transgender population considers suicide!

(more)
http://joeforamerica.com/2017/08/transgenderism-child-abuse/

And this:

Gender Dysphoria in Children
American College of Pediatricians – June 2017

https://www.acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-dysphoria-in-children

Conclusion

Gender dysphoria (GD) in children is a term used to describe a psychological condition in which a child experiences marked incongruence between his or her experienced gender and the gender associated with the child’s biological sex. Twin studies demonstrate that GD is not an innate trait. Moreover, barring pre-pubertal affirmation and hormone intervention for GD, 80 percent to 95 percent of children with GD will accept the reality of their biological sex by late adolescence.

The treatment of GD in childhood with hormones effectively amounts to mass experimentation on, and sterilization of, youth who are cognitively incapable of providing informed consent. There is a serious ethical problem with allowing irreversible, life-changing procedures to be performed on minors who are too young to give valid consent themselves; adolescents cannot understand the magnitude of such decisions.

Ethics alone demands an end to the use of pubertal suppression with GnRH agonists, cross-sex hormones, and sex reassignment surgeries in children and adolescents. The College recommends an immediate cessation of these interventions, as well as an end to promoting gender ideology via school curricula and legislative policies. Healthcare, school curricula and legislation must remain anchored to physical reality. Scientific research should focus upon better understanding the psychological underpinnings of this disorder, optimal family and individual therapies, as well as delineating the differences among children who resolve with watchful waiting versus those who resolve with therapy and those who persist despite therapy.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 10:57:37 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

Pretty strong. 

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Pretty strong.

Yeah. The most significant part to me was the part that said acknowledging and encouraging gender dysphoria in children is harmful, much less actually medicating them and, God forbid, surgery.

Looks like these guys are looking at it through the lens of reality, instead of politically correct wishful thinking. No, you can't be a boy or a girl by simply wishing it. Biology doesn't work that way.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.