Author Topic: 'We don't answer to him': McCain calls Trump 'poorly informed,' 'impulsive' in blistering op-ed  (Read 1648 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Business Insider
Alex Lockie
Friday, September 1, 2017

Sen. John McCain called out President Donald Trump as "poorly informed" and "impulsive" in a rallying cry for Congress a week before the legislative body returns to work.

In a blistering op-ed article for The Washington Post published Thursday night, the Arizona Republican called on Americans to focus on "shared values" rather than differences. McCain denounced the "repugnant spectacle of white supremacists marching in Charlottesville" and lauded Heather Heyer, the counterprotester killed at the rally by a man thought to be a white supremacist.

(more)
http://www.businessinsider.com/mccain-trump-poorly-informed-impulsive-op-ed-2017-9
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

Behind the curve, Juan. Your statement is so last week.

Offline RoosGirl

Just wondering, was there ever any evidence that Heather Heyer was an antifa member or not?

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Just wondering, was there ever any evidence that Heather Heyer was an antifa member or not?

@RoosGirl
It is hard to tell, because the MSM would cover it up if she was. They would never report it, and would instead deny it. However, from what I can tell of the reports, she was marching with Antifa, but it seems that she was not really a committed member of the group.

Like I said though, it is hard to know the answer to that question because the reports are so sketchy.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 11:15:19 pm by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline RoosGirl

@RoosGirl
It is hard to tell, because the MSM would cover it up if she was. They would never report it, and would instead deny it. However, from what I can tell of the reports, she was marching with Antifa, but it seems that she was not really a committed member of the group.

Like I said though, it is hard to know the answer to that question because the reports are so sketchy.

Yeah, so could be that most of us don't have the same values as she, per McCain's op ed.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Says the guy who has a Buick growing out of the side of his face.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline skeeter

Says the guy who has a Buick growing out of the side of his face.

Trying hard not to root for the Buick.

Offline montanajoe

From the article .....McCain wrote "We must respect his authority and constitutional responsibilities. We must, where we can, cooperate with him. But we are not his subordinates. We don't answer to him. We answer to the American people."

The basic problem is that Trump doesn't get that members of Congress are neither subordinate to nor do they answer to the president. Trump seems to think that because Congress draws their salary from the Federal government its the same thing as being on his payroll and he expects them to act as employees.

Until, if ever, he grasps this basic Constitutional distinction, he will have "difficulties"... :shrug:

Oceander

From the article .....McCain wrote "We must respect his authority and constitutional responsibilities. We must, where we can, cooperate with him. But we are not his subordinates. We don't answer to him. We answer to the American people."

The basic problem is that Trump doesn't get that members of Congress are neither subordinate to nor do they answer to the president. Trump seems to think that because Congress draws their salary from the Federal government its the same thing as being on his payroll and he expects them to act as employees.

Until, if ever, he grasps this basic Constitutional distinction, he will have "difficulties"... :shrug:

QFT

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

QFT

Note for Senator McCain:  Please listen to your constituents once in a while.  Just once would be nice.  Quote that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Actually, from past performance, I'd say most in most years answer to their portfolio and the highest bidder. As for the rest, it's 'Devil take the hindmost' as far as they are concerned.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 02:24:04 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fantom

Yeah, so could be that most of us don't have the same values as she, per McCain's op ed.

Right!

According to McCain, everyone in the Tiki rally..the legal/permitted  peaceful one was a "white supremacist OHHH NOOOS( unlike any black/brown supremacist)" because why? A few David Duke folks were there?

Yet , Saint Splat was a good person for marching with violent terrorist in the fascist antifa/blam(they shoot) .... :pondering:

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Business Insider
Alex Lockie
Friday, September 1, 2017

Sen. John McCain called out President Donald Trump as "poorly informed" and "impulsive" in a rallying cry for Congress a week before the legislative body returns to work.

In a blistering op-ed article for The Washington Post published Thursday night, the Arizona Republican called on Americans to focus on "shared values" rather than differences. McCain denounced the "repugnant spectacle of white supremacists marching in Charlottesville" and lauded Heather Heyer, the counterprotester killed at the rally by a man thought to be a white supremacist.

(more)
http://www.businessinsider.com/mccain-trump-poorly-informed-impulsive-op-ed-2017-9

He's a blithering idiot.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
She was protesting a group who gathered to protest the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee.

She thought they were a hate group.

There may have been haters among them but I, too, protest the removal of statues and memorials just because they offend someone or other.

I admire Trump for taking the stand he did in blaming both sides.  The original group had a permit and a purpose.

The Antifas who moved in caused most of the trouble.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Screw you John - how about you quit trying to play President, be a Senator, and get up off your dead a** and help get some reform legislation passed?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Screw you John - how about you quit trying to play President, be a Senator, and get up off your dead a** and help get some reform legislation passed?

I've always said the Senate is composed of 100 people who think they should  be President and one who actually can.
I will NOT comply.

Offline collins

what is he still doing being a senator? He never ran his crazy mouth off about Obama like this and he was called McInsane even back then.

Offline Suppressed

Yup.

If Trump had gone in starting with flattery instead of insults, he could have gotten results.  But he's not a bright man or good deal-maker.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Yup.

If Trump had gone in starting with flattery instead of insults, he could have gotten results.  But he's not a bright man or good deal-maker.

Maybe. But I think most of us can agree that McCain, like so many members of Congress, is miffed that Trump skated into office while they failed. I would bet that over half, maybe more, of the old timers in Congress are thinking, "How did that buffoon get in office and not me!? I 'deserve it' so much more than Trump. If only I had run. I could have beat him!"

There's a lot of sour grapes to go around, and McCain is the guy passing the bowl.

Wingnut

The only thing I want to read in the paper concerning McCain, is his obituary. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Yup.

Instant lame duck.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
When the votes fail: McCain, Collins, Graham, Murkowski are over there with the Dems pretty darned often, so this comes as no surprise. With Republicans like those, who needs Democrats?

Yep, I'm sure he's bitter, because when it was 'his turn' he lost, and Trump got elected. If he feels Trump is "poorly informed" then why doesn't he inform instead of snipe at him in the media?

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
what is he still doing being a senator? He never ran his crazy mouth off about Obama like this and he was called McInsane even back then.

Federalism.

It may suck but the people in his state voted for him. In this case he happens to be right, the tiny fingered vulgarian can take his demands and stuff em.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Yep, I'm sure he's bitter, because when it was 'his turn' he lost, and Trump got elected. If he feels Trump is "poorly informed" then why doesn't he inform instead of snipe at him in the media?

That is a sort of RINO's creed. Every time McCain, Graham, and all the rest, have something to say, they never say it to Trump. Instead, they run to media. And, not just any media. You will find them on CNN, MSNBC, Politico, Huffington Post, and all the other Leftist outlets, trashing Trump, his administration, and sometimes his family.

This is how they score points with the Left. They are soooo desperate for the Leftists to love them, they'll do or say anything to get their approval. On the other hand, they have no problem disparaging and insulting their own base. That's just who and what they are. They are self-hating Republicans. The idea being, "Yeah, I know I call myself a Republican. But I'm really with you guys. Please like me. Please love me!!!!"
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 02:07:56 pm by 240B »