Author Topic: Arizona State unveils statue of fallen Army Ranger Pat Tillman at stadium  (Read 266 times)

Wingnut

Wonder how long before the Snowflakes will react to this.  Prolly send them all to safe spaces to plan tearing it down.

On Wednesday, Arizona State University unveiled a statue of fallen Army Ranger Pat Tillman outside Sun Devil Stadium.

The six-foot-tall bronze statue stands in front of the Tillman Tunnel that leads players to the field from the student athlete facility.

Several hundred people – including Tillman’s family, several Arizona State officials and former and current football players – all came to witness the unveiling of the statue that pays tribute to the Army Ranger.

“Pat spent his whole life trying to be the best person he could possibly be,” Pat Tillman’s brother, Kevin, said at the ceremony. “He didn’t focus on money, he didn’t focus on fame, he didn’t focus on a pretty statue. It was, ‘How can I make myself a better person in all these different facets of my life?’ And ASU gave him an opportunity to do that.”

Pat Tillman for played for ASU as a linebacker from 1994 to 1998 and was selected by the Arizona Cardinals in the 1998 NFL Draft.

Eight months after the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, Tillman turned down a 3-year, $3.6 million contract to enlist in the United States Army.

After completing basic training and later graduating from Ranger school, Tillman was killed by friendly fire in Afghanistan in April 2004.

http://americanmilitarynews.com/2017/08/arizona-state-unveils-statue-of-fallen-army-ranger-pat-tillman-at-stadium/?utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=alt&utm_source=decelerateyourlife
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 05:12:16 pm by Wingnut »