Author Topic: Comey drafted announcement closing Hillary Clinton probe before key witnesses interviewed: Senators  (Read 1058 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The Washington Times
By Andrea Noble
Thursday, August 31, 2017

Two Republican senators say they’ve reviewed evidence that indicates former FBI Director James Comey began drafting a statement to announce the closure of the bureau’s investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server before key witnesses, including Mrs. Clinton, were interviewed.

Sen. Chuck Grassley and Sen. Lindsey Graham wrote to FBI Director Chris Wray asking for information related to Mr. Comey’s announcement, saying they’ve reviewed partially redacted interview transcripts that indicate Mr. Comey was drafting a statement on the closure of the case months before the July 5, 2016 announcement.

The interview transcripts are from an investigation the Office of Special Counsel was conducting that looked into whether Mr. Comey’s actions were a violation of the Hatch Act, which prohibits government employees from using their positions to influence an election. The investigation was closed after President Trump fired Mr. Comey in May.

(more)
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/aug/31/comey-prepared-announcement-closing-hillary-clinto/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline anubias

One would think there would come a time when I am no longer shocked by the blatant corruption of Democrats.    **nononono*

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
One would think there would come a time when I am no longer shocked by the blatant corruption of Democrats.    **nononono*

Yeah!  One would think that but before the thought is finished they top themselves again!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
‘Conclusion first, fact-gathering second — that’s no way to run an investigation’
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

‘Conclusion first, fact-gathering second — that’s no way to run an investigation’

Like the old Soviet version of trials:  executions first, trials second. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

What have we allowed to happen to our beloved country?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

Not surprised. I figured Comey was a swamp creature after his contradictory address laying out solid ground for a case against Hillary then summarily dropping it. What?

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
IOW the fix was in.

Offline Millee

Does anyone know what if anything Sessions has been investigating???? 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Yeah, me too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Does anyone know what if anything Sessions has been investigating????

Great question.

Offline skeeter

And their Republican enablers.

With a true opposition party they wouldn't be able to get away with it.

Oceander

And their Republican enablers.

With a true opposition party they wouldn't be able to get away with it.

So why isn't Trump doing anything about it, or is he an enabler as well?

Offline skeeter

Since he's dropped any reference to prosecuting Clinton when he's in a position to do so, I'd say yes he is.

What did you expect I'd say?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I'm not shocked at all.

It seems SOP for FBI and Congressional Investigations to row madly with one oar, and peter out after spending a bunch of money and letting the news cycle move on to something else, while giving the appearance of "doing something'. Conspicuously going through the motions and then.... nothing.  Clinton must have a lot of dirt on some highly placed people on both sides of the aisle if this was a foregone conclusion, which the preparation of such documents months in advance would certainly indicate.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

My bet is that someone laid a folder on his desk and said I know you'll make all this go away.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Oceander

Since he's dropped any reference to prosecuting Clinton when he's in a position to do so, I'd say yes he is.

What did you expect I'd say?

No expectations there; just a straight question.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I'm not shocked at all.

It seems SOP for FBI and Congressional Investigations to row madly with one oar, and peter out after spending a bunch of money and letting the news cycle move on to something else, while giving the appearance of "doing something'. Conspicuously going through the motions and then.... nothing.  Clinton must have a lot of dirt on some highly placed people on both sides of the aisle if this was a foregone conclusion, which the preparation of such documents months in advance would certainly indicate.

IIRC she had a boat load of FBI files illegally in her possession for quite some time.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

IIRC she had a boat load of FBI files illegally in her possession for quite some time.
And she should have gone to prison for that!

My bet is that that was just the start, and just what she got caught with. I'd wager there has been some serious data mining, and that the Wassermann-Shultz 'IT team' wasn't there just to snoop Democrat computers. I'd wager they have all the dirt to be found on the Congress, any major Judge, and party heads on both sides, just for starters. I don't think Roberts' jurisprudential contortions to stuff the ADA up America's collective distal alimentary canal were any accident or epiphany, except one induced by serious leverage.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 12:50:16 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
And she should have gone to prison for that!

My bet is that that was just the start, and just what she got caught with. I'd wager there has been some serious data mining, and that the Wassermann-Shultz 'IT team' wasn't there just to snoop Democrat computers. I'd wager they have all the dirt to be found on the Congress, any major Judge, and party heads on both sides, just for starters. I don't think Roberts' jurisprudential contortions to stuff the ADA up America's collective distal alimentary canal were any accident or epiphany, except one induced by serious leverage.

I definitely agree but you know that we will be accused of promulgation of a conspiracy theory!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 12:54:45 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

I definitely agree but you know that we will be accused of promulgation of a conspiracy theory!
Serous standalone elements of that 'theory' have been substantiated. The rest used to be referred to as "connecting the dots".

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Clinton must have a lot of dirt on some highly placed people on both sides of the aisle if this was a foregone conclusion, which the preparation of such documents months in advance would certainly indicate.

Of course. The whole dang show in DC runs on dirt. Once they figgered out how everybody has dirt on everybody, then everyone gets off, and anything goes.