Author Topic: Fired professor: Hurricane Harvey 'karma' tweet a 'heartbreaking' mistake  (Read 355 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jeff Weiner Orlando Sentinel

Kenneth Storey says he made a “heartbreaking” mistake in describing the destruction from Hurricane Harvey as “instant karma” for Texans who voted Republican last year.

Storey, since fired from his post as a visiting assistant professor at the University of Tampa, said his ill-fated post to Twitter on Sunday was intended as a critique of the GOP’s resistance to funding climate-change research — but that the message was “extremely poorly worded.”

The Winter Park resident’s tweet quickly ignited online outrage, amid reports of the catastrophic destruction in Houston.

“It’s heartbreaking to me to know that these people are struggling … and I did something that only hurt them more,” Storey said in an interview Wednesday. “That’s not who I am … and it saddens me to know that some of the focus on this has been shifted to me when all of the focus should be on helping them.”

more
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/politics/political-pulse/os-kenneth-storey-hurricane-harvey-apology-20170830-story.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

"I was turning my life around, I was earning a degree and making a rap record."

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
A mistake is when you dial a wrong phone number, not when you deliberately post something.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline dfwgator

He'll be quietly reinstated in a few months with back pay.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

It ain't a mistake to reveal your true self in a weak moment.  You are standing up to your principles, which thankfully all of us know now.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
With the Left, everything, every single thing under the sun ever, is always related back to politics and their agenda. They are incapable of thinking beyond their agenda, no matter what.

We saw this especially clearly when the Left tried to make the solar eclipse some kind of 'political' event. These are sick people. They are so heavily brainwashed as to be approaching a kind of dementia.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He'll be quietly reinstated in a few months with back pay.

Don't be so sure of that.  This is Florida, and they don't take any more kindly to snarky Hurricane jokes than any of the Gulf Coast states.  The guy's best chance at re-employment is to change his name and more to the West Coast somewhere.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online goatprairie

I have a good laugh when liberals proclaim themselves to be the party/philosophy of loving and caring. Just visit a lib web forum some time to feel all the ...ahem...."love" libs feel for conservatives and people who don't share their views about things.