Author Topic: Astros returning to play in Houston on Saturday  (Read 304 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Astros returning to play in Houston on Saturday
« on: August 30, 2017, 08:02:17 pm »
Astros returning to play in Houston on Saturday
By Julia Manchester - 08/30/17 03:52 PM EDT

The Houston Astros will return home to play this weekend and give free tickets to first responders who have helped those affected by Tropical Storm Harvey.

"We feel that the Astros playing this weekend will provide a much-needed boost for our city," Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner said in a statement.

"With all of the difficulties that many of our citizens are facing, the games will provide an opportunity for families to start returning to some aspects of normal life."

Five-thousand tickets will be handed out to first responders, and 10,000 jerseys will be donated to the George R. Brown Emergency Shelter.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/348601-astros-to-return-to-houston-this-weekend-give-free-tickets-to
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Astros returning to play in Houston on Saturday
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 08:25:28 pm »
Nice gesture, but really, the disaster isn't over yet.  How are people going to even get to the gamez? 

Unless the teams are willing to get their hands dirty, they should stay away.

Online dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 08:32:11 pm »
Would have been nice if they could have been spending their time up here in Dallas this week, rather than in Tampa, no thanks to the Rangers.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 08:32:32 pm by dfwgator »

Offline berdie

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 09:52:12 pm »
Would have been nice if they could have been spending their time up here in Dallas this week, rather than in Tampa, no thanks to the Rangers.

I am so darned annoyed with the Rangers/Astros that I can't even see straight. They are making me distance myself even more from pro-sports. Bunch of over paid goofballs.

(Thank you for letting me rant,)

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 10:01:01 pm »
Nice gesture, but really, the disaster isn't over yet.  How are people going to even get to the gamez? 

Unless the teams are willing to get their hands dirty, they should stay away.

I can't tell if they are going to play a game (it was cancelled). But I sure understand the players wanting to get home. Although, it was scheduled to be a huge fund raising event.

There is such tremendous rivalry between between interstate teams that they forget we are ALL human.

Truthfully, had they played, I planned on going even though I am far from close and hate crowds. I would have cheered both teams...especially JJ Watts. He is a class act, imho.