Author Topic: The Ultimate Guide to Sock Height  (Read 1778 times)

Wingnut

The Ultimate Guide to Sock Height
« on: August 30, 2017, 07:38:03 pm »

It's Saturday morning. You've reached the end of another epic ride marked with stunning defeats and glorious victories. You've fought hard and won the respect and admiration of your riding buddies, with the exception of the one you accidentally nailed in the face with a snot rocket. As you park your bike against the window of your favorite post-ride café, you catch a glimpse of your reflection.

From your fine Italian helmet to your brilliant white shoes, you are resplendent in your perfectly matched cycling kit. Your bulging quads taper upward to a trim waist and slim torso. Your arms are birdlike—lean, tanned and sinewy. Looking past your reflection, you see a table of café patrons looking back at you with amused expressions. They clearly do not see what you see. What they see staring at them through the glass is a tyrannosaurus rex dressed up like a rodeo clown.

Let's face it—cycling fashion is an acquired taste. While the general uniform hasn't changed much over the years, like all fashion, it has been subject to the whims and nuances of fickle trends. Oddly, one of the most notable and hotly debated topics is the length of our socks. In a sport riddled with cheating, scandals and controversy, apparently we are nothing if not sticklers for proper hosiery.

Of course what length of cycling socks you wear is your choice. You can base it on comfort, style or even the phase of the moon if you want. But if you prefer a more strategic approach, here is a rundown of five basic zones to help you make an informed choice.

f your socks are not visible, people will assume you: a) forgot to put them on, b) are a triathlete who got lost or c) would prefer to play women's tennis. None of these things will score you very high points in the cycling ranks. Worse yet, if the only thing visible is a perky pink pom-pom poking out of your shoe like a horrible pastel growth on your achilles, you will be openly ridiculed—and you will deserve it, because you are a Cyclist, not a twelve-year-old gymnast.

http://www.active.com/cycling/articles/the-ultimate-guide-to-sock-height?cmp=39-34-300063

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: The Ultimate Guide to Sock Height
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 08:52:10 pm »
I'd go with 3.  Zones 1 and 5 are for trannies.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 09:11:38 pm »

These are safely in zone 3

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 09:21:55 pm »
Look more like 2's to me, @RoosGirl .  The author clearly favors 2.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 09:36:30 pm »
I'd go with 3.  Zones 1 and 5 are for trannies.

I agree.  I'm LOL'n   and spitting up...but I agree. :beer:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 09:43:04 pm »

I agree.  I'm LOL'n   and spitting up...but I agree. :beer:

:beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline anubias

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 10:21:11 pm »
Proud tranny sporting her 1s.

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 10:22:39 pm »
Zone 2

Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 10:26:40 pm »
Proud tranny sporting her 1s.

Grow a pair will ya!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2017, 11:03:33 pm »
Zone 3, the boots wear a ring out of the hair on my leg otherwise (except where the spider bites left scars).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2017, 11:06:29 pm »
Zone 3, the boots wear a ring out of the hair on my leg otherwise (except where the spider bites left scars).

I must ask @Smokin Joe... when was the last time you sat on an ass hatchet and road off into the sunset?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 11:07:16 pm »
Is an ass hatchet anything like a crotch rocket?

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2017, 11:08:32 pm »
Is an ass hatchet anything like a crotch rocket?

One moves much faster than the other. 

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2017, 01:22:45 am »
I must ask @Smokin Joe... when was the last time you sat on an ass hatchet and road off into the sunset?
A pedaly bike? Maybe 4 years ago. Last one I had was ripped off by some refugee type, and I just let him have it. It only cost me a few bucks at a rummage sale, and it wasn't going far after I found it and the tires went flat.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2017, 01:25:04 am »
A pedaly bike? Maybe 4 years ago. Last one I had was ripped off by some refugee type, and I just let him have it. It only cost me a few bucks at a rummage sale, and it wasn't going far after I found it and the tires went flat.

Yep a pedally bike!   lol!   :beer:

Offline anubias

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2017, 02:09:52 am »
Grow a pair will ya!

If I wear the 2s, somebody might notice they don't match.  LOL