Author Topic: Couple outraged after barman wrote ‘lesbians’ on their receipt while on holiday in North Wales  (Read 1088 times)

Wingnut

I am shocked, I would have never guessed. 
A HORRIFIED couple got a bar receipt with the word “lesbians” on it.

Belinda Mulcah, 46, and Joanne Sheperd, 41, were out to celebrate Belinda’s birthday.

The couple said they weren't even kissing or holding hands
They found the barman’s crass note on their drinks bill at the Hafan y Mor holiday park near Pwllheli, North Wales.

But when they asked for the bill and paid, Jo was stunned to be handed a receipt with the description "lesbians" under their table number.

NHS worker Jo, of Whixall, Shropshire, told Diva magazine: “Belinda looked at me and she said, ‘Are you alright?’ I showed her and she was speechless.
“We hadn’t done anything overt.We hadn’t been kissing or holding hands. We could have been friends.

“So the fact he decided to identify us as lesbians was a bit horrifying. We were shocked.”

The couple complained to the bar manager who they say tried to take the receipt away before offering them some free drinks as an apology for the incident.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4340682/couple-lesbian-bar-receipt-wales/

Offline skeeter

Ah the ol' hate message on the receipt ploy...

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline dfwgator

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Why were they insulted?  If I went out and my ticket said "hetero" or "straight" I would find it odd, but I wouldn't be insulted.

Offline RoosGirl

Why were they insulted?  If I went out and my ticket said "hetero" or "straight" I would find it odd, but I wouldn't be insulted.

It's not like it said "ugly lesbians".  There was no value judgement.

Offline Suppressed

Hoax.
Based on what?

The place admitted it and apologized.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I have one question only, were they? If so BFD, did they get poor service? Usually the alphabet soupers get upset when someone doesn't give them special recognition!

Oceander

I have one question only, were they? If so BFD, did they get poor service? Usually the alphabet soupers get upset when someone doesn't give them special recognition!

From the context it sounds as if they were. 

Offline Millee

I can't think of any reason why this would be international news.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline skeeter

I can't think of any reason why this would be international news.   *****rollingeyes*****

Gotta stay aggrieved, no matter what. People might stop feeling sorry for them.

Wingnut

Wales Baby.  It be in Wales.

Offline andy58-in-nh

I heard they Welshed on the tip.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
“We hadn’t done anything overt.We hadn’t been kissing or holding hands. We could have been friends."

Hey, lesbi friends.... :smokin:

Homo you don't!   :nono:
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I say they should vacation in Riyadh and see what they find on their receipt.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I say they should vacation in Riyadh and see what they find on their receipt.

If they went to the Greek island of Lesbos, it would say 'amateurs.'
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline bolobaby

Gays are all about their identity politics, but if you actually identify them by their preferred class, their offended?

Odd, aren't they? Some may even say... sick.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!