Author Topic: Why I Left The GOP  (Read 421 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why I Left The GOP
« on: August 30, 2017, 02:49:38 pm »
Why I Left The GOP
Mike Adams

|
Posted: Aug 29, 2017 12:01 AM

Over the last fifteen months, I have received numerous requests to speak at GOP events. In response, I have had to write numerous polite notes to my would-be hosts explaining that I must decline, as I am no longer a member of the Republican Party. Rewriting variations of the same note has become so tedious that I have decided to write a column I can forward to Republicans explaining why I can no longer speak at their events. But, first, let me say some positive things about why I joined the party in the first place.

My status as a left wing Democrat began to become a bit shaky in December of 1992. That was when a fraternity brother of mine was abducted and murdered along with his girlfriend who was also sexually assaulted before she was shot at point blank range in the head. Both were unarmed. I immediately abandoned my previous support for a federal ban on handguns.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/mikeadams/2017/08/29/why-i-left-the-gop-n2374243
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Why I Left The GOP
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 02:55:21 pm »
Yeah Mike!  Some of us are hard headed and it takes a lot longer for the truth to soak in.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 03:06:07 pm »
I only identify as a conservative. I stopped supporting the GOP when they sent me donation requests made to look like overdue bill notices during the Steele years.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 03:08:58 pm »
Generally an interesting read.  I tend to agree with him respecting Bush II and Trump. 

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 03:16:01 pm »
I got lost when Bush signed Campaign Finance Reform user the guise of "The Supreme Court will kick it out". That was a dumb reason for signing it.
Countdown to Resignation