Author Topic: Pelosi Statement Condemning Antifa Violence in Berkeley  (Read 792 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi Statement Condemning Antifa Violence in Berkeley
« on: August 30, 2017, 01:51:40 pm »
 Press Releases 08.29.17
Pelosi Statement Condemning Antifa Violence in Berkeley

San Francisco — Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi released the following statement denouncing the violent protests carried out this weekend in Berkeley, California:

“Our democracy has no room for inciting violence or endangering the public, no matter the ideology of those who commit such acts.  The violent actions of people calling themselves antifa in Berkeley this weekend deserve unequivocal condemnation, and the perpetrators should be arrested and prosecuted.

“In California, as across all of our great nation, we have deep reverence for the Constitutional right to peaceful dissent and free speech.  Non-violence is fundamental to that right.  Let us use this sad event to reaffirm that we must never fight hate with hate, and to remember the values of peace, openness and justice that represent the best of America.”

http://www.democraticleader.gov/newsroom/82917/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Pelosi Statement Condemning Antifa Violence in Berkeley
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 01:56:32 pm »
I know i'll get flamed for this but hey, credit where credit is due. I also heard that the mayor is seeking to have antifa declared a "gang".

Glad that Democrats are coming around to this.

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 04:56:58 pm »
I know i'll get flamed for this but hey, credit where credit is due. I also heard that the mayor is seeking to have antifa declared a "gang".

Glad that Democrats are coming around to this.

I think it's more likely they've seen some bad polling numbers and realize that backing the violent leftists is costing them more votes than they are gaining. Right now the only reason to vote for the Pubs is the Rats are lunatics. If the Rats start to put on the "reasonable" face, at least until they have the majority, there's no reason to vote for the Pubs.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 04:58:21 pm »
I think it's more likely they've seen some bad polling numbers and realize that backing the violent leftists is costing them more votes than they are gaining. Right now the only reason to vote for the Pubs is the Rats are lunatics. If the Rats start to put on the "reasonable" face, at least until they have the majority, there's no reason to vote for the Pubs.

Yep. Shades of "Sistah Souljah".
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 04:58:45 pm by dfwgator »

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 04:59:11 pm »
@Suppressed @dfwgator

Which Pelosi was this now.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 05:05:15 pm by Wingnut »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 05:09:34 pm »
Wasn't there a similar article on this yesterday?  Seems like there was a lot of comparison to how Trump handled Charlottesville.  These two events appeared completely different to me though.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 05:12:09 pm »

Regardless of her motivation, this pretty much ends the latest media contrived neo-nazi scare as the two groups pretty much go together like Frazier and Ali, with antifa being much much larger.

Offline bilo

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 05:16:33 pm »
Yep. Shades of "Sistah Souljah".

What a great example! I'd forgotten about that.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 05:19:54 pm »
We're not a democracy.  I'm not being picky; it's important.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2017, 05:23:04 pm »
This is how this works.

Democrats will condemn AntiFa BUT do nothing to them. In essence, it's a type of support. They get plausible deniability while AntiFa continues their reign of terror.

Note that they also condemned the KKK and NeoNazis AND they did something about them.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline bilo

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2017, 05:23:12 pm »
Regardless of her motivation, this pretty much ends the latest media contrived neo-nazi scare as the two groups pretty much go together like Frazier and Ali, with antifa being much much larger.

For any person who follows these things and thinks independently of the media I would agree. I don't think it will stop the Rats and media from trying to stereotype conservatives and Pubs as white racists. The only thing is now they will say they condemn the violence unlike the Pubs. Remember no matter what Pres. Trump said after Charlotesville it wasn't enough.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 06:00:52 pm »
Something going on behind the scenes has made some of the Dems shift their stance. Internal polls are my guess.
The Republic is lost.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2017, 07:43:28 pm »
Something going on behind the scenes has made some of the Dems shift their stance. Internal polls are my guess.

I think it's a good guess.  They may be finding out the Nazi-Trump thing is failing to make a dent.  Failures of that type can easily blow up on the attacker.  Most folks that remember the 60's remember the Lefties the most clearly.  Skinheads weren't the ones at the Dem convention in Chicago.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2017, 07:44:57 pm »

I'm sure, but if they're aligned against scum like Antifa then that's a-ok with me.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2017, 07:56:21 pm »
I'm sure, but if they're aligned against scum like Antifa then that's a-ok with me.

The Dem and Antifa mutual hatred of all things Trump is a danger to Dems because that can easily rub off on them as a guilt by association thing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: