Author Topic: Feinstein Shocks San Francisco Crowd By Saying She Thinks Trump Can 'Be a Good President'  (Read 690 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Feinstein Shocks San Francisco Crowd By Saying She Thinks Trump Can 'Be a Good President'

Leah Barkoukis
|
Posted: Aug 30, 2017 8:25 AM

Rather than echoing calls to impeach President Trump like some of her Democratic colleagues, Sen. Dianne Feinstein told a crowd that with a little bit of change, Trump has the potential to “be a good president.”

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, the California Democrat made the remarks during an hour-long conversation with former East Bay Rep. Ellen Tauscher during a Commonwealth Club of California event at the Herbst Theater in San Francisco.

The paper described Feinstein, who served as mayor of San Francisco for a decade, as “wildly popular” but said even she “can get into trouble” for saying anything nice about the president.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2017/08/30/wow-feinstein-tells-crowd-she-thinks-trump-could-be-a-good-president-n2375048
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

rut roo.  She went off the reservation. 

Offline bilo

rut roo.  She went off the reservation.

I don't think so. It's probably more of a shift in positioning for the 2018 elections. If the Rats distance themselves from the radical violent leftists they support it makes them appear to be "reasonable". Pub voters are disgusted with the Pub party. Why should Pub voters show up at the polls if the Rats seem to be "reasonable".
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Or perhaps she recognizes that the Oligarchy finally has total control of Trump's Administration.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline bilo

Or perhaps she recognizes that the Oligarchy finally has total control of Trump's Administration.

He has surrounded himself with big govt Rats, but the Rats stiill need to gain majorities in Congress.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It's sad when Fineswine seems like a voice of reason.

Pelosi also came out today slamming Antifa. To paraphrase Fred Thompson's character in Hunt for Red October - 'the Dems don't take a dump without a plan' - so that makes me wonder about the message change.
The Republic is lost.

Offline bilo

Pelosi also came out today slamming Antifa. To paraphrase Fred Thompson's character in Hunt for Red October - 'the Dems don't take a dump without a plan' - so that makes me wonder about the message change.

But look who's saying these things. 2 high ranking Rats. They are both from the San Fran area an area not exactly known to be grounded in moderate views.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
But look who's saying these things. 2 high ranking Rats. They are both from the San Fran area an area not exactly known to be grounded in moderate views.

Maybe internal polls aren't looking too good for '18.
The Republic is lost.

Oceander

Yup

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Reminds me of "I had the right to remain silent. I just didn't have the ability"....Ron White channeling his Inner Trump
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

I thought it was clear after 2010 that people had clearly rejected the extreme leftism of modern Democrats, but they kept on trudging on, not changing message. Their only good election was 2012, which I think occurred because Obama spurred a lot of "his sons" to go out and vote for him, and I think killing Bin Laden helped.

They've gotten trounced in every election but one since 2008, basically.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
I thought it was clear after 2010 that people had clearly rejected the extreme leftism of modern Democrats, but they kept on trudging on, not changing message. Their only good election was 2012, which I think occurred because Obama spurred a lot of "his sons" to go out and vote for him, and I think killing Bin Laden helped.

They've gotten trounced in every election but one since 2008, basically.

I tend to agree with that. Since their '06-'08 anti-Bush peak, they've fallen mightily. I think they felt they could just shift from ChimpyBushHitler to ChimpyTrumpHitler and it would work again like magic.
The Republic is lost.