Author Topic: Treasure hunting pair unearthed nearly 2000 Roman coins in a field in Cornwall  (Read 590 times)

rangerrebew

Treasure hunting pair unearthed nearly 2000 Roman coins in a field in Cornwall

ByGraeme Wilkinson

14:38, 23 AUG 2017Updated14:48, 23 AUG 2017

A pair of metal detecting enthusiasts have spoken of their disbelief and joy after they unearthed nearly 2,000 Roman coins in a farmer’s field in Cornwall.

Mixed up with the money was the remains of a pure tin container, with a handle and lead stopper, which it is believed had once contained the coins. In total there were 1,965 coins found inside a stone-lined pit and they date from 253AD to 274AD.

http://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/treasure-hunting-pair-unearthed-nearly-367139

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Treasure hunting pair unearthed nearly 2000 Roman coins in a field in Cornwall

I forgot how it exactly works in the UK, but if memory serves this nice find is now mostly part of her majesties antiquity collection.

Hint to any treasure finder.  The wealthiest ones are the quietest.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 02:22:43 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.