Author Topic: Applying Big Data Techniques, New Study Finds Most Recent Warming Could Be Natural  (Read 625 times)

rangerrebew

Applying Big Data Techniques, New Study Finds Most Recent Warming Could Be Natural
Myron Ebell • August 26, 2017

John Abbot and Jennifer Marohasy have published a study in GeoResJ titled, “The application of machine learning for evaluating anthropogenic versus natural climate change.” The study, which is available here and in pdf form here, is highly technical. Fortunately, Marohasy has summarized its findings on her blog:

After deconstructing 2,000-year old proxy-temperature series back to their most basic components, and then rebuilding them using the latest big data techniques, John Abbot and I show what global temperatures might have done in the absence of an industrial revolution. The results from this novel technique, just published in GeoResJ, accord with climate sensitivity estimates from experimental spectroscopy but are at odds with output from General Circulation Models.   

https://cei.org/blog/applying-big-data-techniques-new-study-finds-most-recent-warming-could-be-natural

Offline DB

I wonder if they fed the model the actual data or the "adjusted" data...

Offline dfwgator

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
There has been no warming.
The Republic is lost.

Offline bolobaby

There has been no warming.

I disagree. I'm warming right now looking at your profile pic.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I disagree. I'm warming right now looking at your profile pic.

Ok well yeah there's that.  :whistle:

Few shades lighter brown hair and that's my first girlfriend. Smokin' hot, but loved her skeezy lowlife men unfortunately.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 02:26:19 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.