Author Topic: Tied up and left to face the wrath of Harvey: Picture of abandoned dog that's breaking the hearts of Texans as flood waters rise  (Read 666 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

By Keith Griffith For Dailymail.com
PUBLISHED: 14:56 EDT, 26 August 2017 | UPDATED: 13:06 EDT, 27 August 2017

A dog has been spotted chained up and abandoned as flood waters from Hurricane Harvey rise around it.

Photographs taken on Saturday by the DailyMail.com show the dog chained to a telephone pole in Victoria, Texas, where as much as 10 inches of rain have inundated the area in the past 24 hours.

The photographer unleashed the stricken dog from the pole and brought it out of the water to safety.

The county remains under a flash flood warning, and Texas officials have warned repeatedly against leaving pets and livestock tied up in the elements.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4826216/Poor-dog-abandoned-Texas-flood-waters-rise.html#ixzz4qzFsKLGK
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I cannot imagine the suffering of human and animal alike.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Just for the record, the little dog was rescued.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Until I read this article it never occurred to me to think about the livestock. That really brings it home. Who would leave their dog chained and just leave. That is nuts.

But it is illegal. If you leave an animal chained and unattended in this flood, it is a prosecutable offense.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline thackney

Until I read this article it never occurred to me to think about the livestock.

Yep I spent half a day getting the horses and cows moved to higher ground.  While good friends came to our home to carry the important stuff to the second floor.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Applewood

Until I read this article it never occurred to me to think about the livestock. That really brings it home. Who would leave their dog chained and just leave. That is nuts.

But it is illegal. If you leave an animal chained and unattended in this flood, it is a prosecutable offense.

Unfortunately, that doesn't help the poor critter if it drowns. 

I just can't grasp the stupidity and callousness of people who would leave an animal to face a disaster like this tied up and helpless.