Author Topic: Congress Quietly Passed A Bill Allowing Warrantless Searches of Homes - Only 1% Opposed It  (Read 1182 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
So it's not exactly like a utility having access to their easement on your property.  It's like the phone company coming inside your home to check the wiring, possibly without you knowing they're coming in.

Not even like that because with both the electric and wire-line phone company analogies, you've contracted with those companies to provide services to within your property. If you read this bill, it is very broad in its approach.

A better analogy would be for the cell phone company to be able to enter and inspect your property if your property is within signal range of a cell phone tower (on the just maybe, possible chance you may have some sort of electronic in your home that could in off chance, interfere with the cell signal).

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Reread the post and look up hyperbole.  There's a connection.

Um no
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline RoosGirl

Not even like that because with both the electric and wire-line phone company analogies, you've contracted with those companies to provide services to within your property. If you read this bill, it is very broad in its approach.

A better analogy would be for the cell phone company to be able to enter and inspect your property if your property is within signal range of a cell phone tower (on the just maybe, possible chance you may have some sort of electronic in your home that could in off chance, interfere with the cell signal).

Yep, you're closer to it than I was.

Offline RoosGirl

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

A more accurate one would be if the cell tower was near your property and tall enough to fall into the boundaries, if it came down.  The other stuff is Alex Jones nonsense.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 08:21:53 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.