Author Topic: California Could Start Jailing People Who Don’t Use Transgender Pronouns  (Read 1769 times)

Wingnut

From a few days ago belete if a repost...

A bill that passed the California state senate and is now moving through the Assembly could threaten jail time for anyone who refuses to use a transgender person’s preferred pronoun.

The law is currently limited in its effects to nursing homes and intermediate-care facilities, but if passed, those who “willfully and repeatedly” refuse “to use a transgender resident’s preferred name or pronouns” could be slapped with a $1,000 fine and up to one year in prison, according to the California Heath and Safety code. The state senate passed the bill 26-12 at the end of May. Since then, the Assembly Judiciary committee recommended the bill unanimously and the General Assembly held its first hearing on the legislation Wednesday.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/25/california-could-start-jailing-people-who-dont-use-transgender-pronouns/

Oceander

Offline andy58-in-nh

Freedom of speech is so... 18th century. And it was promoted by white Christian male slave owners, after all. :shrug:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner,
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner, Mr. Bruce Jenner,

:thumbsup:

Offline goatprairie

The time when people are going to start reaching for their firearms draws closer.   0380000 Liberals eventually wreck everything they get their hands on.

Offline skeeter

The time when people are going to start reaching for their firearms draws closer.   0380000 Liberals eventually wreck everything they get their hands on.

Yeah, at this rate one day they'll even get us armchair warriors up off our a**ses. We can't afford not to.

Offline RoosGirl

You know, so many people, even some here claiming to be conservatives, say that we shouldn't be legislating morality.  No one wants us "looking in bedrooms" blah blah blah.  But the left is always trying to legislate their (I guess what they consider to be) morality on all of us all the time.  The vast majority of people think this transgender stuff is nonsense, but some can't see through the "looking in bedrooms" BS that the left put in their heads.

Offline goatprairie

Yeah, at this rate one day they'll even get us armchair warriors up off our a**ses. We can't afford not to.
Liberal pols are now doing things that fifty years ago would have gotten people laughed at minimum or hauled off to the funny farm. It's nothing less than insanity on a grand scale. 
And first it happens in California and then oozes across the country.
It's not just refusing to call mentally disturbed people by the weird names they demand to be called, it's a free speech issue. If libs can get away with this,  it won't be too long before the list of things you can say and can't say will be impossible to tally.

Offline goatprairie

Not that some day they wouldn't try to do that in these parts, but even Dems in these parts seem to be saner than California liberals. Many Dem friends and family members I know are poltically liberal, but live socially conservative lives.
I always want to ask them why they vote for Dems considering how conservative they sound on many social issues.
And in reality, there is a very large percentage of the country that is completely unaware of the left's attempts to give mentally disturbed people weird pronouns. 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 06:15:30 pm by goatprairie »

Online dfwgator

Life is already beginning to imitate "Demolition Man"....

"John Spartan, you are fined five credits for repeated violations of the verbal morality statute."

Offline goatprairie

Life is already beginning to imitate "Demolition Man"....

"John Spartan, you are fined five credits for repeated violations of the verbal morality statute."
I was reading comments on a CBS news site below the story of the principal in S. Carolina who told her students i.e. fat girls that some of them should not wear leggings. She was, of course, accused of fat shaming.
The mostly negative comments from many of the female commenters were on the line of she should be fired and forbidden from  teaching or being in contact with students ever again.
In my time a comment like that from a person in authority would have either been laughed at or brushed off.  But, of course, nobody then was wearing revealing clothing that is common for girls (and many women) today.
So in reality the people who slammed the principal for fat-shaming were essentially saying that girls should be allowed to wear anything they want without negative comments from authority figures. Let me say that females who do not have the right figure should definitely NOT!!! wear leggings.  Like all men should not wear speedos at the beach. 
I remember as a freshman in high school hearing a nun say in class in defense of long skirts that nobody wanted to see a girl's knobby knees.  I certainly wouldn't have minded.  But I suppose all the girls were irrevocably harmed by the nun commenting on the allure of their knees.  22222frying pan
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 06:28:15 pm by goatprairie »

Offline truth_seeker

The issue of alternate gender identities did not start in California. It dates into antiquity.

Here in America, the Natives have what is called "Two Spirit," which covers the subject.

A classic liberal (libertarian) position is to accept it, but to not normalize it by service in the military, vital security positions, etc. Or to celebrate it by teaching it like advocacy in public schools.

https://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/news/opinions/two-spirits-one-heart-five-genders/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_history

Offline goatprairie

The issue of alternate gender identities did not start in California. It dates into antiquity.

Here in America, the Natives have what is called "Two Spirit," which covers the subject.

A classic liberal (libertarian) position is to accept it, but to not normalize it by service in the military, vital security positions, etc. Or to celebrate it by teaching it like advocacy in public schools.

https://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/news/opinions/two-spirits-one-heart-five-genders/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_history
Sure, it didn't start in California, but the issue is making everybody accept, by law, the weird behaviors of others. It's one thing to tolerate weird behavior and quite another to endorse it or penalize people for not agreeing to the insanity.

Wingnut

Sure, it didn't start in California, but the issue is making everybody accept, by law, the weird behaviors of others. It's one thing to tolerate weird behavior and quite another to endorse it or penalize people for not agreeing to the insanity.

Cali is ground zero for the cause!   No one cares that liberal tears are not salty.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

My preferred name is "Not Guilty".

Go ahead, just try and put ME in jail.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline truth_seeker

California is ground zero for a lot of stuff, including country rock rise to popularity, Ronald Reagan, for a variety of reasons.

As a SoCal native, I was taught by my parent as a child driving all over the West, how goofy it was to call places like Ohio, the "Midwest." My mom would spread a map out, and point to the entire country.

Back in those times, the population was clearly in the East. The people out West were adventurers, risk takers, mavericks, etc.

Population history by state:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_historical_population

Offline goatprairie

California is ground zero for a lot of stuff, including country rock rise to popularity, Ronald Reagan, for a variety of reasons.

As a SoCal native, I was taught by my parent as a child driving all over the West, how goofy it was to call places like Ohio, the "Midwest." My mom would spread a map out, and point to the entire country.

Back in those times, the population was clearly in the East. The people out West were adventurers, risk takers, mavericks, etc.

Population history by state:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_historical_population
I know a lot of the political history of California, and I realize it wasn't always like the way it is now. Unfortunately, it's now become a haven for nutty libs and illegal aliens who seem to be rapidly ruining the state.  My sympathies to the state's remaining conservatives. 
And we have more than our share of liberal nuts here in Wisconsin led by Sen. Tammy Baldwin. But another nutty lib Russ Feingold was defeated in his last run for senate. Maybe there's hope for California.

Offline The_Reader_David

You know, so many people, even some here claiming to be conservatives, say that we shouldn't be legislating morality.  No one wants us "looking in bedrooms" blah blah blah.  But the left is always trying to legislate their (I guess what they consider to be) morality on all of us all the time.  The vast majority of people think this transgender stuff is nonsense, but some can't see through the "looking in bedrooms" BS that the left put in their heads.

Adopting a libertarian attitude toward the exotic forms of libertinism "in bedrooms" does not require accepting public displays of the same or compel one to play along with the delusions of those who fancy they are the opposite sex from what their chromosomes and outward morphology at birth indicated.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
All I can say is they won't have to guess which wing to put people in.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline The_Reader_David

Please, can we encourage the California secession movement?  I'm sure we can draft legislation for Congress to pass implementing it if they vote to secede.  We get to keep some naval bases in perpetuity, they have to accept a free trade agreement unmodifiable for at least fifty years and have their currency pegged to the US dollar for a period of ten years, and have to let border counties hold plebescites on remaining in the US by joining a neighboring state, ceding them to the neighboring state if they vote to remain.  The legislation should also facilitate an exchange of populations, providing the means for people who would prefer to live in the newly independent California the means to move there, and those who would prefer to leave for the remaining United States to do that as well.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Please, can we encourage the California secession movement?  I'm sure we can draft legislation for Congress to pass implementing it if they vote to secede.  We get to keep some naval bases in perpetuity, they have to accept a free trade agreement unmodifiable for at least fifty years and have their currency pegged to the US dollar for a period of ten years, and have to let border counties hold plebescites on remaining in the US by joining a neighboring state, ceding them to the neighboring state if they vote to remain.  The legislation should also facilitate an exchange of populations, providing the means for people who would prefer to live in the newly independent California the means to move there, and those who would prefer to leave for the remaining United States to do that as well.
I think it would be nice to retain the natural resources of every county there that could post a vote of 66.7% or more to stay in the Union ("Red" counties), too. Let whatever is left over find a new name and leave.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
No one wants us "looking in bedrooms" blah blah blah.

I believe I speak for a lot of people when I say we're disturbed enough, seeing this freak show in public.  We're certainly not interested in seeing what they do behind closed doors.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RoosGirl

I believe I speak for a lot of people when I say we're disturbed enough, seeing this freak show in public.  We're certainly not interested in seeing what they do behind closed doors.

No doubt about that!

Offline skeeter

Words cannot describe how completely bleeping sick I am of hearing about what these people do behind closed doors.