Author Topic: Jeff Bezos vs. Vladimir Putin: Who’s going to be the first trillionaire?  (Read 391 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Jeff Bezos vs. Vladimir Putin: Who’s going to be the first trillionaire?
By James Durso, opinion contributor - 08/23/17 11:00 AM EDT

Jeff Bezos vs. Vladimir Putin: Who’s going to be the first trillionaire?
© Getty Images

Amazon founder Jeff Bezos is the one of the world’s richest men, and he may become the first trillionaire. But some think Russian President Vladimir Putin’s alleged $200 billion fortune surpasses Bezos’ paltry $90 billion. Who is really #1?

It depends how you count.

First, the numbers are dodgy. Putin critic Bill Browder, once Russia’s largest foreign investor, says Putin has a $200 billion fortune (compared to Russia’s $1.6 trillion GDP). Browder was ejected from Russia in 2005 after being designated a "threat to national security" and said of his activism, “I was not going after his [Putin’s] enemies, I was going after his [Putin’s] own financial interests.”

Continued: http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/international/347541-jeff-bezos-vs-vladimir-putin-whos-the-richest

KGB agent to one of the world's richest men. Hmm.  :pondering:

Anyway, it's hard to nail down the wealth exactly; but he appears to definitely have it.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.