Author Topic: Will Progressives erase the history of their racist heroes, or only their racist enemies?- Victor Davis Hanson  (Read 1008 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpt:

by Victor Davis Hanson August 24, 2017 12:00 AM @vdhanson
Will Progressives erase the history of their racist heroes, or only their racist enemies?

Should we ask that Ruth Bader Ginsburg resign from the Supreme Court? Even with the benefit of 21st-century moral sensitivity, Ginsburg still managed to echo Sanger in a racist reference to abortion (“growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of”).

Why did we ever mint a Susan B. Anthony dollar? The progressive suffragist once said, “I will cut off this right arm of mine before I will ever work or demand the ballot for the Negro and not the woman.”

Liberal icon and Supreme Court Justice Earl Warren pushed for the internment of Japanese Americans during World War II while he was California’s attorney general.

President Woodrow Wilson ensured that the Armed Forces were not integrated. He also segregated civil-service agencies. Why, then, does Princeton University still cling to its Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs? To honor a progressive who did a great deal of harm to African-American causes?

Wilson’s progressive racism, dressed up in pseudoscientific theories, was perhaps more pernicious than that of the old tribal racists of the South, given that it was not regionally centered and was professed to be fact-based and ecumenical, with the power of the presidency behind it.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/450749/confederate-statues-removed-while-racist-progressive-statues-remain

It's going to come down to everyone, in the end, are we going to hand back the US back to Native Americans?

Offline The_Reader_David

Actually, despite VDH's assertion, I think Nathan Bedford Forrest's statues should stay up.  They should, however, have plaques added, specifically commemorating his repentance for the founding of the KKK, his order to disband the original KKK, and role late in life as a benefactor of and advocate for African Americans.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Will Progressives erase the history of their racist heroes, or only their racist enemies?- Victor Davis Hanson"

Haha.
Whaddayyya think, Victor...?

(And Reader David is right about General Forrest. He did more than "found" the original Klan, as David describes.)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The Battle of Fort Pillow:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fort_Pillow
That is one of the wars most notorious events. Make a plaque to that as well.
https://campusnet.sebts.edu/moodle/pluginfile.php/201781/mod_resource/content/8/CMS%20paper.pdf
Massacring African American soldiers; let's hear how African Americans feel about the amends he made further on in life.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 10:00:01 am by TomSea »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Excerpt:

It's going to come down to everyone, in the end, are we going to hand back the US back to Native Americans?

Yes. give it to me, baby. I am a native American.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley