Author Topic: Police: 'Active shooter situation' in popular King Street area in downtown Charleston  (Read 813 times)

Offline Millee

There is an "active shooter situation" in a popular tourist and commercial area of downtown Charleston, according to police spokesman Charles Francis. King Street is currently closed between Calhoun and Morris Streets.

Employees working in the area near Virginia's On King, a Southern cuisine restaurant, said they were on lockdown as authorities swarmed the area. Several people have said the active shooter situation appears to have started within Virginia's.

Peter Siegert, 73, and his son Peter Siegert IV, 45, both of Maryland, were eating at Virginia's when two waitresses and three kitchen staff members marched through the restaurant and out the front door without saying anything.

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/dispatch-reported-shooting-and-active-situation-on-king-street-in/article_89220c92-88e9-11e7-8f83-af584f17e532.html

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
An older black man wearing an apron and dressed like a kitchen staff member walked through the front door holding a small caliber revolver. He locked the door and said “I am the new king of Charleston.”

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
An older black man wearing an apron and dressed like a kitchen staff member walked through the front door holding a small caliber revolver. He locked the door and said “I am the new king of Charleston.”

The Prince and Duke of Charleston.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Naturally, he's on King St.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

The Prince and Duke of Charleston.

Send in Snake.

Snake Plisskin

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Offline Right_in_Virginia

One dead, suspect shot by police following hostage situation at downtown Charleston restaurant
The Post and Courier, Aug 24, 2017 Updated 10 min ago

One person has died and a suspect has been transported to a hospital after holding multiple people hostage for hours inside Virginia's on King restaurant, according to police.

Police say that the hostages are now free and safe.

Around 2:30 p.m., a loud boom, that did not necessarily sound like a gun shot, rang in the area. A person was transported out of Virginia's on a stretcher. Shortly after, police began breaking down the perimeters and allowing people closer to the scene.

A shooting was first reported at 12:17 p.m. Thursday.

"This was not an act of terrorism," said Charleston Mayor John Tecklenburg. "This was not a hate crime. This was a tragic case of a disgruntled employee."

More: http://www.postandcourier.com/news/police-active-shooter-situation-in-popular-king-street-area-in/article_89220c92-88e9-11e7-8f83-af584f17e532.html

Offline mountaineer

This was not a hate crime.
Well, somebody hated someone or something enough to commit such a crime.

Speaking of hate, a popular theme on Twitter among the braindead left (but I repeat myself) was "I hope he was white!"

Alice‏ @AliceRadley 5h5 hours ago
And yeah, I did say I hoped the Charleston shooter was white. Why? Because we all know how people will act if he's black or/and Muslim.

Alice‏ @AliceRadley 3h3 hours ago
So, my point stands. I hoped he was white so I wouldn't have to see more racist bullshit in the news.
178 replies 6 retweets 9 likes

Alice‏ @AliceRadley 3h3 hours ago
Shooter identified as black. Let's check our racist tote board. See? When a shooter is black, white people get UGLY!!

Chet Cannon ‏Verified account @Chet_Cannon 5h5 hours ago
Not, "I hope everyone is okay"
Instead, "I really hope he's white"
You are pathetic, @AliceRadley. #Charleston
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org