Author Topic: Rules For A Gunfight  (Read 1415 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Rules For A Gunfight
« on: August 24, 2017, 03:19:03 pm »
In a gunfight, the most important rule is ….. HAVE A GUN!

Here is some shooting advice from various Concealed Carry Instructors. If you own a gun, you will appreciate these rules. If not, get one and learn how to use it…..then learn the rules:

RULES:

A — Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians.

B — It’s always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

C — Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.

D — Never let someone or something that threatens you get within 20 feet.

E — Never say “I’ve got a gun”. If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off.

F — The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes; the response time of a .357 magnum is 1400 feet per second.

G — The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win. A gunfight is a deadly struggle. There is no such thing as a fair fight, so cheat if necessary.

H — Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but he’ll have to beat you to death with it, ‘cause it will be empty.

I — If you’re in a gun fight: If you’re not shooting, you should be loading. If you’re not loading, you should be moving. If you’re not moving, you’re dead.

J — In a life and death situation, do something. It may be wrong, but do something!

K — If you carry a gun, people may call you paranoid. Bullshit! If you have a gun, what
 do you have to be paranoid about?

L — You can say ‘stop’ or any other word, but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone’s head is pretty much a universal language.

M — Never leave an enemy behind. If you have to shoot, shoot to kill. If you end up in court, yours will be the only testimony.

N — You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family.

If you believe in the 2nd Amendment, forward this to others you know who also believe.

And always remember this quote from America’s premier Founding Father:
“Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading”. – Thomas Jefferson
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Rules For A Gunfight
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 03:51:55 pm »
Forget about knives, bats and fists. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns.

Bring four times the ammunition you think you could ever need.

Move away from your attacker and go to cover. Distance is your friend. (Bulletproof cover and diagonal or lateral movement are preferred.)

If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a semi or full-automatic long gun and a friend with a long gun.

In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.

Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.

Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work. "No battle plan ever survives 10 seconds past first contact with an enemy."

Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.

Don't drop your guard.

Watch their hands. Hands kill. Smiles, frowns and other facial expressions don't (In God we trust. Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.)

Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet if necessary, because they may want to kill you.

The only thing you EVER say afterwards is, "He said he was going to kill me. I believed him. I'm sorry, Officer, but I'm very upset now. I can't say anything more. Please speak with my attorney."

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
Re: Rules For A Gunfight
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 11:24:10 pm »
5 Rules of a gun fight

1 - Gun beats no gun
The gun that you left home because: it is to heavy, prints too much, does not look right ... whatever = no gun
The gun that runs out of ammunition = no gun
The gun that jams or fails to properly function = no gun

2 - Fast beats slow
Talking about getting the gun into the fight.  He who shoots first, often shoots last

3 - A hit beats a miss
A .22 that hits is worth a WHOLE lot more than the .44 mag that misses.  Carry only what you can shoot accurately

4 - Big holes beat small holes
Big holes bleed out faster and are harder to plug.  So carry your gun (rule 1) that you can operate and get into the fight (rule 2) and that you can actually hit the target (rule 3) and if there is a choice in caliber at that point in time, then go with the largest caliber that satisfies the above criteria.

5 - Two holes beat one hole
Twice the holes means twice the blood loss.  Remember this when you decide how much backup ammo to carry.  Remember, a gun with no ammo = no gun