Author Topic: The Progressive War Against the Dead ....Victor Davis Hanson  (Read 389 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

The Progressive War Against the Dead
Victor Davis Hanson
8/24/2017 12:01:00 AM - Victor Davis Hanson

Much of the country has demanded the elimination of references to, and images of, people of the past -- from Christopher Columbus to Robert E. Lee -- who do not meet our evolving standards of probity.

In some cases, such damnation may be understandable if done calmly and peacefully -- and democratically, by a majority vote of elected representatives.

Few probably wish to see a statue in a public park honoring Confederate general Nathan Bedford Forrest, one of the founding members of the Ku Klux Klan, or Supreme Court Justice Roger B. Taney, who wrote the majority opinion in the racist Dred Scott decision that set the stage for the Civil War four years later.

But cleansing the past is a dangerous business. The wide liberal search for more enemies of the past may soon take progressives down hypocritical pathways they would prefer not to walk.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/victordavishanson/2017/08/24/the-progressive-war-against-the-dead-n2372320
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: The Progressive War Against the Dead ....Victor Davis Hanson
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 01:52:37 am »
Here's an excerpt from Mr. Hanson's article that I didn't previously know about:

Why did we ever mint a Susan B. Anthony dollar? The progressive suffragist once said, "I will cut off this right arm of mine before I will ever work or demand the ballot for the Negro and not the woman."