Author Topic: It’s A Cult: Spiritual Adviser Paula White Makes Wild Claims About Trump’s Role In God’s Plan  (Read 520 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
By Jim Jemetis
https://www.redstate.com/jimjamitis/2017/08/23/cult-spiritual-adviser-paula-white-makes-wild-claims-trumps-role-gods-plan/

It will be interesting to see if Trump supporters who thought Barack Obama’s involvement with
Jeremiah White was a huge red flag—and make no mistake, it was—will show any concern over statements
made by President Trump’s own spiritual adviser
, prosperity gospel preacher and televangelist Paula White.
She made some pretty wild claims on convicted fraudster and former (as far as we know) pervert Jim
Bakker’s show.

While speaking on a panel on “The Jim Bakker Show,” White said that Trump’s
presidential victory was similar to a story from the Hebrew Bible where a woman named
Esther was chosen to be queen, since both parties were unlikely to be selected for their
roles.

As the scripture goes, Esther was a young, orphaned Jewish woman living in exile who,
through her wits and good looks, ends up being selected by the Persian king to be his
queen at a time when Jews were widely persecuted.

Because of her new position of power, Esther was able to stop a plot to murder all the
Jewish people in Persia. The Bible concludes that Esther was placed in her position as
queen by God to fulfill this important mission.

On Tuesday, White compared Trump to Queen Esther, saying that he, too, was selected
by God to carry out a divine plan.

White went so far as to suggest that those opposing Trump are literally opposing God . . .

. . . Let me be perfectly frank here, anyone who claims that disagreeing with any President’s agenda is
tantamount to opposing God is crazy. Sane people should run very far away from anyone suggesting such
a thing. To say it about Donald Trump makes you a certifiable lunatic or a dangerous liar . . .

. . . At least one member of Trump’s religious advisory panel has walked away from Trump. White shows
no signs of doubting Trump though. She certainly exemplifies the cult of Trump. Let’s hope people who
support the President do so based on policy and not on religious fervor stirred up by a crackpot.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Pretty freaky stuff, right there, I don't care who you are.

Certain characterizations come to mind, not that I am judging anyone else by her behaviour.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis