Author Topic: New Government Regulations Absolutely Plummet Under Trump  (Read 1313 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
New Government Regulations Absolutely Plummet Under Trump
« on: August 23, 2017, 08:21:22 pm »
dailycaller
Robert Donachie
Capitol Hill and Health Care Reporter
3:48 PM 08/23/2017

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/23/new-govt-regulations-absolutely-plummet-under-trump/

The pace of new government regulations has plunged in President Donald Trump’s first seven months in office, a welcome relief to businesses and banks that have long pushed for less interference in the economy.

In the first half of 2017, the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs has processed some 67 regulatory actions, ranging from notices to final rules. During the first six months of former President Barack Obama’s first term, the department coursed through three times as many, processing 216 regulatory actions.

New regulations spiked even more under former Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton. The Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs processed 310 under Bush and a whopping 993 under Clinton.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: New Government Regulations Absolutely Plummet Under Trump
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 08:24:23 pm »
The Republic is lost.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 01:36:00 am »
Another bucket full pulled from the swamp. Another positive step.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 01:38:24 am »

Absolutely!  Too bad no one from the legislative branch is doing a damned thing!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 01:47:40 am »
Absolutely!  Too bad no one from the legislative branch is doing a damned thing!

And they won't, either. Unless their constituents really put on the heat. The problem with constituents is they have a limited attention span and really short memories.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 02:03:35 am »
And they won't, either. Unless their constituents really put on the heat. The problem with constituents is they have a limited attention span and really short memories.

All too true!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 02:12:50 am »
The headline is misleading.  Regulations themselves have not plummeted.  The RATE of new regulations has. 

Either way, it matters more what the regulations are than how many of them are implemented.  If he imposes 143 new regulations that specify the government shall not interfere in x-y-z, I'm in favor of that.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 02:16:50 am »

PERFECT!!!!!

Exactly my sentiments and reaction. 

Commodus didn't want to thumbs up Maximus, but - had to.

Likewise on the fact that the 3,000 pound gorilla of Government is currently looking for bananas rather than sitting on our backs rifling though our pockets for change.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 02:48:09 am »
I wonder to which planet the stack would reach if every page of fed regulations were printed out.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2017, 07:14:54 am »
I wonder to which planet the stack would reach if every page of fed regulations were printed out.
From this treeless orb to a galaxy far, far, away.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 01:37:53 pm »

Not that far. All issued regulations are printed in the CFR - Code of Federal Regulations - which is issued in paper form.  Any large university library will probably have a copy you can read through. 

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2017, 02:23:43 pm »
Not that far. All issued regulations are printed in the CFR - Code of Federal Regulations - which is issued in paper form.  Any large university library will probably have a copy you can read through.

Gosh you're no fun. ;)

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2017, 02:27:04 pm »
Gosh you're no fun. ;)
It is really thin paper....

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2017, 02:33:14 pm »
dailycaller
Robert Donachie
Capitol Hill and Health Care Reporter
3:48 PM 08/23/2017

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/23/new-govt-regulations-absolutely-plummet-under-trump/

The pace of new government regulations has plunged in President Donald Trump’s first seven months in office, a welcome relief to businesses and banks that have long pushed for less interference in the economy.

Good job Mr. Trump,  Keep it up on this front

CF1957. (A neverturmper according to:)

@aligncare
@Right_in_Virginia
@DCPatriot
@TomSea

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2017, 02:41:59 pm »
Good job Mr. Trump,  Keep it up on this front

CF1957. (A neverturmper according to:)

@aligncare
@Right_in_Virginia
@DCPatriot
@TomSea
I'm going to rain on the parade a little (yes, that's rain), and say that this is in contrast to mr. pen and phone who was stuffing through every regulation he and his minions could conjure in case Cankles lost, and even more in case she won.

C S Lewis

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2017, 02:48:51 pm »
Here's a little more background information:

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration has withdrawn or delayed 860 proposed regulations in its first five months, the beginnings of a regulatory overhaul meant to bolster economic growth.

Federal agencies have withdrawn 469 proposed regulations compared to a fall 2016 report when Barack Obama was president, according to figures from the White House budget office. This includes 19 regulations with an economic impact of $100 million or more. Another 391 regulations have been delayed for further evaluation and consideration.

https://www.usnews.com/news/business/articles/2017-07-20/trump-cutting-hundreds-of-planned-regulations 

Trump Orders Agencies To Reduce Regulations
February 24, 2017·2:11 PM ET

President Trump signed an executive action on Friday aimed at reducing red tape. It directs each federal agency to set up a task force to identify costly regulations that could be scaled back.

"Every regulation should have to pass a simple test," Trump said. "Does it make life better or safer for American workers or consumers? If the answer is no, we will be getting rid of it — and getting rid of it quickly."

http://www.npr.org/2017/02/24/517059327/trump-orders-agencies-to-reduce-regulations

Jan 31, 2017 @ 03:30 PM     
Trump's Regulation Order: What It Means For Small Businesses

The ink was hardly dry on President Donald Trump's executive order pledging to repeal two existing regulations for every new one when the U.S. Chamber of Commerce announced that it was all in. "The U.S. Chamber applauds the president for fulfilling the campaign's promise to take on the regulatory juggernaut that is limiting economic growth, choking small business, and putting people out of work," Chamber president and C.E.O. Thomas J. Donohue said in a press release. "We look forward to working with the administration to identify the regulations doing the most harm and recommend solutions that drive growth and jobs."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robbmandelbaum/2017/01/31/trumps-regulation-order-take-it-seriously-maybe-not-literally/#33f74d505d37

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2017, 02:51:36 pm »
I'm all for this reduction in Federal regulation and red tape.

I'm all for realistic stats, too.

It's like saying gasoline prices have declined 50%, which they have, but that is from an unprecedented peak.

C S Lewis

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2017, 02:53:25 pm »
The headline is misleading.  Regulations themselves have not plummeted.  The RATE of new regulations has. 

This may be a difference without a distinction.   ^-^

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2017, 02:59:39 pm »
Without Obama and his minions cranking them out as hard as they can, the rate of new rules would be diminished. With Trump rescinding some, the Congress actually interdicting on a few, sure the rate of new regs is down. What would be nice is if they tore up a couple for every new one.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2017, 03:14:53 pm »

No.  It goes right back that the "replace the republican party" thread that some people have become apoplectic about.  Reducing the rate of regulations is great and what is happening is worth letting people know about.  But Republicans are *supposed* to be for smaller government, not less big government.

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2017, 03:38:44 pm »
Gosh you're no fun. ;)
Well if each word were on a postage stamp, I bet it would be pretty high :whistle:
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2017, 04:08:12 pm »
Tax cuts and repeal of Obamacare is important to revive the economy but bureaucratic regulations are heavily responsible for stifled growth. Congress and Trump need to rein in the power of these agencies. The next Democrat will just put them back in place. This country needs to re-establish checks and balances. The executive and judicial branches have way too much power. I think Trump would be willing to work with congress to make the regulatory process harder.

Congress however is spineless and only concerned with their next election. They play this game where they choose the people who are going to take a bill down. In the Senate it's those who were just re-elected or on an unpopular bill those who are up for re-election. The swamp is deep.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2017, 06:03:42 pm »

Yeah, I keep trying to tell people that things can be accomplished a little at a time.

Everybody wants the swamp drained in one fell swoop, but it can also be drained little by little.

And now I need to go look up the origin of the phrase 'one fell swoop.'
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2017, 06:07:52 pm »
Nobody seems to be able to pinpoint the origin of the phrase but we could blame Shakespeare.

"MACDUFF: [on hearing that his family and servants have all been killed]

All my pretty ones?
Did you say all? O hell-kite! All?
What, all my pretty chickens and their dam
At one fell swoop?"

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2017, 06:11:28 pm »
Nobody seems to be able to pinpoint the origin of the phrase but we could blame Shakespeare.

"MACDUFF: [on hearing that his family and servants have all been killed]

All my pretty ones?
Did you say all? O hell-kite! All?
What, all my pretty chickens and their dam
At one fell swoop?"

Ohhh, I might start using "hell-kite"!