Author Topic: Jerry Jones: Cowboys Will Stand For The Flag Or “Your Ass Will Be Off The Team”  (Read 2885 times)

Wingnut

Not sure if he really said it...but it sounds like Jerry.

Just as Jones sets requirements for his team, he expects commitment and loyalty. If he’s paying the salaries, why can’t he impose these rules on his team? If you have a problem with this, then you don’t want to be a Dallas Cowboy, or you should explore joining another team where they let you disrespect the American flag, but that won’t happen in Dallas.

http://waynedupree.com/jerry-jones-cowboys-will-stand-for-the-flag-or-your-ass-will-be-off-the-team/?utm_content=buffer4bf4c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
All Right!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
They are 'America's Team' so there ain't no way that can be allowed.
The Republic is lost.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It's been reported on all the Dallas Cowboys the blogs during the preseason by reporters that follow the team...I'd be surprised if he didn't say it.

Good on him for doing that too. Smart business move as well considering they are one of if not the biggest money maker in the NFL when it comes to merchandise.  Good way to go from first to worst is to start letting your team emulate Kapernick and the rest of the idiots.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Mom MD

About time!!  Now the rest of the owners need to follow suit
God is still in control

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Not gonna watch NFL this year.   Let them all sit for all I care.     I hope they all end up picking up trash for a living.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Not gonna watch NFL this year.   Let them all sit for all I care.     I hope they all end up picking up trash for a living.

Most of those thugs would be if they didn't have a talent for the game.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
This is the only nation in the world that pays the kind of money for the kind of work they do. They ought to be a little more respectful of that and I'm glad Mr. Jones is taking a stand on it. The rest of the league should follow suit.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
He also warned them in the team meeting.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline berdie

Well...I finally agree with Jones on something. Good for him.

Truthfully, I hold a grudge. I have never forgiven him for how he treated everyone when he bought the team. Then he got a decent coach (Jimmy Johnson who I didn't care for initially) and ran him off because of his gigantic ego.

I don't really think this is a patriotic decision. It's about the benjamins. But whatever. I have gone years and not watched my team of choice. I watched thru the Parcell years and I will watch this year because I like Dak. Although I like his statement...I still wish he would go back to Arkansas.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Hope all the owners follow his lead!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline berdie

Hope all the owners follow his lead!

I agree @Bigun. Even if this isn't a patriotic statement by the owners...guess what, most of your fan base.. is patriotic. And really don't want to see some kind of ridiculous protest that offends and really doesn't state the purpose.

It could very well happen that they lose viewers, attendees and purchasers of merchandise to the point that income is down. From what I read...it already is. So guess what all you "kneelers"...kiss those giant salaries bye-bye.

Offline goatprairie

Everybody who is affiliated with the NFL, except for owners, are employees.  Wherever I've worked there were rules about what you could say or clothes you could wear at my place of work.
Nobody was forced to work where I worked.
The same thing applies to these idiot football players.  Any player performing political stunts or wearing clothes at their place of work not in accord with the league standards and practices should be fired. And so should their coaches who allow them to protest at their place of work.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Not sure if he really said it...but it sounds like Jerry.

I'd wager 90% chance that Anthem  sitters are club house cancers anyway.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I hope the cowboys' players stand proud and tall for the the anthem.

And then lose every game.

And I haven't even watched the NFL in years.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Applewood

I'd wager 90% chance that Anthem  sitters are club house cancers anyway.

And probably lousy players too.  Look at that Kaepernick guy.  His supporters say he can't get a job in the NFL because of racism.  I say, no one will hire him because he's a lousy player.  Instead of spending his time being a social justice hero, or whatever the hell he is, maybe he should work on his game.

Offline Idiot

Well...I finally agree with Jones on something. Good for him.

Truthfully, I hold a grudge. I have never forgiven him for how he treated everyone when he bought the team. Then he got a decent coach (Jimmy Johnson who I didn't care for initially) and ran him off because of his gigantic ego.

I don't really think this is a patriotic decision. It's about the benjamins. But whatever. I have gone years and not watched my team of choice. I watched thru the Parcell years and I will watch this year because I like Dak. Although I like his statement...I still wish he would go back to Arkansas.
@berdie
I've also never forgiven Jones for what he did to Tom Landry...and never will.

Offline berdie

@berdie
I've also never forgiven Jones for what he did to Tom Landry...and never will.

Nope...never @mrpotatohead .

Offline mountaineer

Much as I love football, all this nonsense is making me lose interest completely.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This is the only nation in the world that pays the kind of money for the kind of work they do. They ought to be a little more respectful of that and I'm glad Mr. Jones is taking a stand on it. The rest of the league should follow suit.
Soccer players in the Premier League make a lot more money.
http://gazettereview.com/2017/03/average-nfl-player-salary/

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington