Author Topic: Stefano de Stefano: Politicians such as Cruz crying crocodile tears over Charlottesville  (Read 905 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Stefano de Stefano, guest columnist:
 Politicians such as Cruz crying crocodile tears over Charlottesville

STEFANO DE STEFANO Guest columnist Aug 17, 2017 (0)

As I contemplate the tragic events in Charlottesville this past weekend, I see our nation meandering down a dangerous road, asleep at the wheel.

I have lived and worked as a corporate energy attorney around the world and can sympathize with Brennan Gilmore, the ex-Foreign Service officer who described his visit home to Charlottesville from a conflict zone as a journey “back to the Shire after adventures in Mordor.” Like Brennan, I am surprised to see the United States seemingly fall victim to the same dysfunction that exists abroad. Alas, major economic disruptions and cultural schisms have worn thin the fabric of our society and, for years, political partisans on both sides have staked their careers on widening the gaps that divide us into angry and sometimes violent chasms.

Last weekend, Brennan was on site at Charlottesville when our culture wars entered a new era. He happened to film the despicable car attack that claimed an innocent life. Despite our shared horror at this crime, we won’t rescue ourselves by being shocked and sad at the spectacle of Nazis parading down our streets.

Continued: http://www.wacotrib.com/opinion/columns/guest_columns/stefano-de-stefano-guest-columnist-politicians-such-as-cruz-crying/article_678309b2-442d-571e-9ef2-de469dde0db3.html

It'd be good for Stefano to throw posers like Cruz out.  At the end of the day, there isn't a dimes difference between most of the "do nothing" senators. 

Santorum was a two termer Senator; this may be what Rubio and Cruz end up being.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Did you write this screed, Tom?

:silly:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Wow, I'm sure this guy is unbiased, an energy attorney, centrist republican and oh yeah running for Cruz's office, pretty sure he will take an opposing view vs Cruz anywhere he can.

Offline skeeter

Stephano think Cruz is sympatico with the 'white nationalists'. Do you agree, Tom?

debrawiest

Stephano think Cruz is sympatico with the 'white nationalists'. Do you agree, Tom?

Of course he doesn't. He was a Cruz supporter at one time, don't ya know?  *****rollingeyes*****

What a hogwash article.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The Cruz smear machine loves to dish it out, Rubio called it the dirtiest campaign around, we heard the supporters calling others liberals, NY liberals, you point out how Trump is fulfilling the Republican National Platform, you see such claims censored, So they didn't want it to be a fair level playing field.

Since the smears are Cruz's trademark, Senator do-nothing may end up getting more than his share.

Offline skeeter

The Cruz smear machine loves to dish it out, Rubio called it the dirtiest campaign around, we heard the supporters calling others liberals, NY liberals, you point out how Trump is fulfilling the Republican National Platform, you see such claims censored, So they didn't want it to be a fair level playing field.

Since the smears are Cruz's trademark, Senator do-nothing may end up getting more than his share.

Why are you quoting Rubio? He's a 'do nothing' senator.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Why are you quoting Rubio? He's a 'do nothing' senator.
"Do-nothing" senators or representatives don't worry me. It's the doing-something senators
and representatives who worry me---because when they're "doing something" they usually
make things worse!

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline skeeter

"Do-nothing" senators or representatives don't worry me. It's the doing-something senators
and representatives who worry me---because when they're "doing something" they usually
make things worse!

And especially Rubio - 'cause he's like a box of chocolates. You never know what your gonna get.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
And especially Rubio - 'cause he's like a box of chocolates. You never know what your gonna get.
Oh I think you can be fairly sure it will be something with mocha like creamy center most of the time.