Author Topic: Has the Deep State Won?  (Read 381 times)

rangerrebew

Has the Deep State Won?
« on: August 23, 2017, 03:07:33 pm »
August 23, 2017
Has the Deep State Won?
By William F. Marshall

The title of this column reflects the first thought I had on the news of Steve Bannon's resignation last Friday as President Trump's strategic advisor.

Although I do not know Mr. Bannon personally, the impression I have gotten from reading biographies of him, as well as my knowledge of his enunciated beliefs, his patriotism, and the pivotal role he played in galvanizing Donald Trump's presidential campaign, caused me to believe that he was the one individual with the intellectual firepower, intestinal fortitude, and strategic vision to check the unchecked growth of our government.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/08/has_the_deep_state_won.html#ixzz4qaiV3sNR
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

rangerrebew

Re: Has the Deep State Won?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 03:08:08 pm »
IF the deep state has won, America is done.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 03:42:08 pm »
Considering the eerie lack of mass firings in the early days of the administration, I'd say the deep state was purposely left in place.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 04:23:34 pm »

Considering the eerie lack of mass firings in the early days of the administration, I'd say the deep state was purposely left in place.

^^^^^^^ THIS!
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775