Author Topic: Hurricane Harvey Public Advisory  (Read 103076 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Hurricane Harvey Public Advisory
« Reply #675 on: August 28, 2017, 01:40:41 am »
Apparently New Orleans didn't learn their lesson from Katrina... there's a story on Fox talking about how they are preparing for floods from Harvey amid pump failures.  *****rollingeyes*****
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #676 on: August 28, 2017, 01:40:59 am »
God be with you.  We evacuated from Rosharon to a friends camping trailer in their driveway in Sienna Plantation, Missouri City.  The 59 ft @ Richmond is going to put more than the Sienna Levees were designed to hold (100 year flood design).  So we may be evacuating again tomorrow.  The 59 ft is expected Tuesday evening.  I understand Greatwood Levees won't hold up to that either.

4 storms in just  over 2 years.

Hang in there.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 01:41:15 am by GrouchoTex »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #677 on: August 28, 2017, 01:43:36 am »
Apparently New Orleans didn't learn their lesson from Katrina... there's a story on Fox talking about how they are preparing for floods from Harvey amid pump failures.  *****rollingeyes*****

I think I heard as story about a week or two ago where they had pump issues, after a good sized thunderstorm.

Offline thackney

« Reply #678 on: August 28, 2017, 01:46:07 am »
@thackney

How are you holding out?

@GrouchoTex

We got the animals out yesterday.  We got out this morning.  Worried we may have to evac again hunting higher ground and open places to stay.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online corbe

« Reply #679 on: August 28, 2017, 01:49:49 am »
http://www.houstonpress.com/news/how-addicks-and-barker-reservoirs-are-handling-tropical-storm-harvey-9740819

Releasing from Addicts first. 2AM Monday morning.

Barker release a day later.

Releases into Buffalo Bayou.

Thanks for the Houston Press article, @Elderberry

PS:  I love the way you spell Addicks, that's all I ever met hanging around there.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #680 on: August 28, 2017, 01:52:47 am »
Still have power and no flooding, but I can't get out.
For those of you familiar with the area, I am about a mile north of the old Imperial Sugar plant.

@GrouchoTex

How does W. Airport Blvd. look?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #681 on: August 28, 2017, 01:58:23 am »
@GrouchoTex

We got the animals out yesterday.  We got out this morning.  Worried we may have to evac again hunting higher ground and open places to stay.

You have been on my mind all day.  Wish there was more I could do beyond prayers.  As it is I am not able to get far off my hill in any direction.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #682 on: August 28, 2017, 02:02:49 am »
From Twitter:

Ted Cruz‏Verified account @tedcruz 1h1 hour ago

Texans are answering the call! Tommy Edwards brought his boat to Bellaire to help fellow Texans in need! #HarveyRelief
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 02:03:16 am by Sanguine »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #683 on: August 28, 2017, 02:06:48 am »
The Ted Cruz family lives in a high rise in downtown Houston.  I hope they left before the first rains got there.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #684 on: August 28, 2017, 02:10:26 am »
Spooky. We lost power in the whole neighborhood. Then a military convoy turned right in front of my house heading toward the airport. One vehicle looked like an amphib about the size of an 18wheeler. Right after they went by the power came back on. The airport has been closed due to flooding.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #685 on: August 28, 2017, 02:11:56 am »
As it is I am not able to get far off my hill in any direction.

That's bad... All except the hill part...

Online Hoodat

« Reply #686 on: August 28, 2017, 02:16:09 am »
Apparently New Orleans didn't learn their lesson from Katrina... there's a story on Fox talking about how they are preparing for floods from Harvey amid pump failures.

The fact that they once again have a Democrat governor should have tipped you off.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #687 on: August 28, 2017, 02:16:29 am »
That's bad... All except the hill part...

I'm in Shangrila compared to what a great many are suffering tonight.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idiot

« Reply #688 on: August 28, 2017, 02:16:52 am »
@GrouchoTex

God be with you @thackney .  I am so sorry that your family is having to endure this.  I wish I had more room or I'd invite you up to more or less dry West Texas.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #689 on: August 28, 2017, 02:16:58 am »
@GrouchoTex

How does W. Airport Blvd. look?

Last I heard, not good from 59 going east.
@Hoodat
My daughter in law is locked in north of W. Airport and south of West Bellfort in Barrington Place.
Here folks are in my neighborhood, so okay, but can't get out.
Their parents (DIL grandparents) stuck in Meadows Place.
Getting all this 2nd hand, but I can believe it.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 02:25:05 am by GrouchoTex »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #690 on: August 28, 2017, 02:19:08 am »
@GrouchoTex

Prayer for you and the family.
I know you will, but keep fighting, and keep your spirits up.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #691 on: August 28, 2017, 02:20:18 am »
Last I heard, not good from 59 going east.

What about near Dairy-Ashford?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #692 on: August 28, 2017, 02:22:06 am »
Death Toll Rises to 5, Worst is Still to Come as Historic Houston Flooding Continues
Weather.com; Aug 27, 2017, 09:30 PM EDT

Catastrophic flooding from Tropical Storm Harvey that has left at least five dead continued to deluge Houston Sunday, prompting thousands of water rescues and placing a strain on available rescue assets.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has activated 3,000 national and state guard members after Harvey dumped more than two feet of rain on Houston metro, causing historic flooding from rainfall that has been characterized by the National Weather Service as "beyond anything experienced before."

After a break earlier this evening, a heavy band of rain capable of dumping 2 to 3 inches per hour will impact the Houston metro area through 1-2 a.m. local time, according to weather.com meteorologist Brian Dongan. A flash flood emergency is in effect until 1:15 a.m. as catastrophic flash flooding continues.

Lots more:  https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/hurricane-harvey-houston-texas-flooding

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #693 on: August 28, 2017, 02:27:24 am »
What about near Dairy-Ashford?

@Hoodat

I've heard Dairy Ashford @ W Airport and @ Alston are flooded, but I have to say, I haven't witnessed this 1st hand.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #694 on: August 28, 2017, 02:31:37 am »
As Harvey floods rise in Texas, Cajun Navy is 'on the way'
NOLA Times-Picayune, Aug 27, 2017, 8:37 PM

Members of the Cajun Navy volunteer groups are stepping up to assist flood-stricken residents, as people bound for Texas post on Facebook that help is on the way.

Although unofficial and organized through several online groups, the Cajun Navy is comprised of grassroots volunteers who came to be known by a collective name after the Louisiana Flood of 2016 prompted hundreds of leisure boat owners to band together and perform search and rescue operations.

Tropical Storm Harvey continues to inundate southeast Texas, and the growing need for water rescues has prompted volunteer rescuers into action. Online posts from Facebook and Twitter display how volunteers are mobilizing to reach flood-affected Texans on Sunday (Aug. 27).

Sharing a post about the Cajun Navy on his Twitter account, Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards sent his best wishes with the volunteers.  "Good luck to the #CajunNavy headed to help our neighbors in Texas," he wrote.

More: http://www.nola.com/hurricane/index.ssf/2017/08/cajun_navy_goes_to_texas.html

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #695 on: August 28, 2017, 02:37:02 am »

There are many civilian volunteers with boats performing rescues. God bless all the people who are coming to the aid of those affected.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online libertybele

« Reply #696 on: August 28, 2017, 02:46:42 am »
MercuryOne (Glenn Beck) has people on the ground now.  To donate:

https://www.mercuryone.org/

They use 100% of donations for the cause!
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
PRe: Hurricane Harvey Public Advisory
« Reply #697 on: August 28, 2017, 04:28:54 am »
I posted several charity organization links on the forum page for those interested.

God Speed to all.

Thank you @mystery-ak  888heartkitty

I'm working on my checkbook now so I can figure out how much I can spare. I don't have the money to get down there to help, unless I break my 401k. I don't know if that is prudent to touch it before I'm 58
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 04:30:10 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online libertybele

« Reply #698 on: August 28, 2017, 04:39:29 am »
My sister tells me that stupid mayor put out messages to directly contradict the Governor.  maybe BLM doesn't mater to him?

...hmm...did some back tracking.  Harvey developed into a tropical storm on August 17 -- it actually weakened into a tropical wave on August 19 -- it redeveloped on August 23 to hurricane strength and by the next day  Harvey intensified, and reached Cat. 4 strength and on the eve of August 25 hit Rockport.  Hurricanes are unpredictable. Once Harvey became a hurricane it moved and strengthened at incredible speed -- the people roughly had a day or a day and a half at best to prepare and evacuate.  Not a whole lot of time at all.  The governor encourage people to get out. If indeed the major discouraged people that is an atrocity; that would be like encouraging people to stay in a burning building because along the escape route they may encounter other burning buildings.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 05:02:01 am by libertybele »
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #699 on: August 28, 2017, 12:05:59 pm »

That picture is just a few blocks from where I used to live in Houston prior to moving out 2 years ago.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 12:06:46 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington