Author Topic: Head of Navy's 7th Fleet to be relieved of duty after second deadly mishap in Pacific  (Read 1264 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Head of Navy's 7th Fleet to be relieved of duty after second deadly mishap in Pacific
Published August 22, 2017
Fox News

The U.S. Navy will relieve the commander of its 7th Fleet from duty after the fleet suffered its second deadly mishap in less than three months, a U.S. defense official confirmed to Fox News.

An official statement from the Navy regarding the relief of Vice Adm. Joseph Aucoin was expected late Tuesday night. The decision was first reported by the Wall Street Journal.

The 7th Fleet has been involved in three collisions since January, the last two of which have resulted in the deaths of 17 sailors.

more
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/22/head-navys-7th-fleet-to-be-relieved-duty-after-second-deadly-mishap-in-pacific.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

@txradioguy

They found their 1st goat to scape!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@txradioguy

This is as traditional as things get in the U.S. Navy! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

We were discussing that very thing the other day.  A very long history of ruining Officers careers.

Offline endicom

Aside from that keelhauling thing.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

Probably won't be the last...they might just try to get the whole command team if they can pull it off.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
IMO this goes back to sequestration.   The mission is the same or greater but you can't get the tools you need.  Must do more with less.   People get tired of it and leave.  The experience level drops, discipline drops, people make mistakes and people die.

I got out of the Air Force when Clinton was making his cuts.   I saw the same thing happen then.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

I got out of the Air Force when Clinton was making his cuts.   I saw the same thing happen then.

What you missed during that time...that I had to endure during that same time frame...was all of the bottom feeders and back stabbers that stuck around and would toss their own grandmother under the bus to make sure they still got their Army paycheck every month.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

rangerrebew

This  Military is in particularly bad shape thanks to Imam Obama.  It is marginally ready for battle with about half or more of the fighters available grounded, ships colliding, drones crashing, fighters and helos crashing.  If you have been taking a close look, sequestration has done exactly what the the Imam was hoping, make America vulnerable.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Yup.

My mom's cousin was on track to become an astronaut till a mechanical failure caused him to ditch a Phantom into the Atlantic. He was cleared of all wrongdoing and went on to another 20 years in the Air Force but NASA pulled the plug.

He later found that NASA was unhappy with his attempting to save the jet after his flight leader told him to eject. NASA rightfully doesn't want cowboys.

Wingnut

Yup.

My mom's cousin was on track to become an astronaut till a mechanical failure caused him to ditch a Phantom into the Atlantic. He was cleared of all wrongdoing and went on to another 20 years in the Air Force but NASA pulled the plug.

He later found that NASA was unhappy with his attempting to save the jet after his flight leader told him to eject. NASA rightfully doesn't want cowboys.

They must have found that out after the original  7 'naughts started Mercury mission training!   :beer:

Offline Cripplecreek

They must have found that out after the original  7 'naughts started Mercury mission training!   :beer:

Early 70s. He retired in 93 or so.

Wingnut

Early 70s. He retired in 93 or so.

I meant my reply to reflect to this part! "didn't want Cowboys"

Offline Cripplecreek

I meant my reply to reflect to this part! "didn't want Cowboys"

The Mercury 7 were serious order following men. There was definitely risk but the responsibility for their lives was on the shoulders of the eggheads on the ground. The ground guys knew exactly how long a rocket needed to burn or the perfect attitude needed for reentry. The astronauts didn't try longer burns or steeper angles of reentry because they would die.

I know that Chuck Yeager said he never had any interest in the astronaut program because he loved trying new things as a test pilot. As an astronaut he would have been forced to do exactly this or do exactly that.

The early astronauts also had some serious education under their belts.

Wingnut

The Mercury 7 were serious order following men. There was definitely risk but the responsibility for their lives was on the shoulders of the eggheads on the ground. The ground guys knew exactly how long a rocket needed to burn or the perfect attitude needed for reentry. The astronauts didn't try longer burns or steeper angles of reentry because they would die.

I know that Chuck Yeager said he never had any interest in the astronaut program because he loved trying new things as a test pilot. As an astronaut he would have been forced to do exactly this or do exactly that.

The early astronauts also had some serious education under their belts.

Whatever.   You are such a putz.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
We were discussing that very thing the other day.  A very long history of ruining Officers careers.

Careers get ruined when problems in your command don't get adequately addressed whether or not they are directly your fault. 

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
What you missed during that time...that I had to endure during that same time frame...was all of the bottom feeders and back stabbers that stuck around and would toss their own grandmother under the bus to make sure they still got their Army paycheck every month.

@txradioguy

Oh I didn't miss all of it.   I ended up at Cheyenne Mountain and was surrounded by backstabbers.    Had one guy making obscene phone calls to my wife when I was at work.   The E5, E6 and E7s knew and did nothing.   I ended up getting called into the Capt office and ordered to apologize to the guy.   I had phone records showing the calls were coming from his home.  I had one of those E6 order me to do power supply maintenance on a PBX that I wasnt trained for.   That powersupply had 600A running thru it and probably would have killed me.   By that time I had 3 remote tours and a STEP promotion to E5 but most of them had never left the states and hated me.

BTW when I apologized to that guy in front of everyone  I told him I was glad it wasn't him making the phone calls or I would have had to gut him and leave him on the side of the mountain bleeding to death.  I also would have been in Khobar Towers when it was bombed as they were waiting for me to reinlist to send me on rotations over there.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAkKQrIsSyE
What They're Not Telling You About The USS John McCain
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

Oh I didn't miss all of it.   I ended up at Cheyenne Mountain and was surrounded by backstabbers.    Had one guy making obscene phone calls to my wife when I was at work.   The E5, E6 and E7s knew and did nothing.   I ended up getting called into the Capt office and ordered to apologize to the guy.   I had phone records showing the calls were coming from his home.  I had one of those E6 order me to do power supply maintenance on a PBX that I wasnt trained for.   That powersupply had 600A running thru it and probably would have killed me.   By that time I had 3 remote tours and a STEP promotion to E5 but most of them had never left the states and hated me.

BTW when I apologized to that guy in front of everyone  I told him I was glad it wasn't him making the phone calls or I would have had to gut him and leave him on the side of the mountain bleeding to death.  I also would have been in Khobar Towers when it was bombed as they were waiting for me to reinlist to send me on rotations over there.

Yup sounds like we both had the same bad experiences and somehow lived to tell the story.

BTW I found out what happened to most of those backstabbers after they cashed out at 20...they became DA civilians and theyr backstabbing ways haven't changed one bit.  I've got three of that type working in my building right now.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAkKQrIsSyE
What They're Not Telling You About The USS John McCain

I don't know exactly what's going on but I know for damned sure something ain't right!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
As much as I hate to say it, that happens in any downsizing industry, and the very best either have people who have their backs, or some SOB will plant a knife in it to keep from being exposed as marginally competent at best. Same thing happens when an oil boom dies.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

I don't know exactly what's going on but I know for damned sure something ain't right!
It doesn't pass the smell test with me, either.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
As much as I hate to say it, that happens in any downsizing industry, and the very best either have people who have their backs, or some SOB will plant a knife in it to keep from being exposed as marginally competent at best. Same thing happens when an oil boom dies.

Yeah saw my dad deal with the same thing in the 80's when oil and gas went into the toilet.

Offline Smokin Joe

Yeah saw my dad deal with the same thing in the 80's when oil and gas went into the toilet.
Dealt with it then, dealing with it now. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

It happens where ever hierarchy and problems meet. Blame must be shifted.

I am one of only 5 employees working on a contract and our job went from chaotic and poorly done to orderly and professionally done when our supervisor quit and took his pet with him. That left us with 3 people on equal footing who all knew our job. If someone misses something, someone else does it with no concerns about who missed it or who caught it. We hired 1 full time replacement and 1 part timer. Just yesterday the client liaison called us all into a conference room to tell us that she had recommended that the company continue our contract for another year.

We did unofficially select a supervisor from among the 5 of us but it isn't really necessary aside from being the person the owners call about things. On Monday our "supervisor" had an emergency at home and didn't show and the others turned to me to ask what we're going to do and it was simple. "We'll do what we always do"